Tyler Nielsen broke three fingers in NW game

SDHAWKFAN

He broke them early on in the game but was cleared to return knowing the injury couldn't get any worse. I would assume he would be good to go since he returned last week.

He is from Humbolt, where we have friends and in that small town, everybody knows everybody and they all know what goes on.

I suppose I'm a 'little for saying this:

Neilsen sure is accident prone. Will a pro football team even give him a chance because of his apparent frailty? Can Iowa depend on him?

Being accident prone in football would be like being a boxer and having a glass jaw... Well, I guess Tommy Hearns was pretty successful.

Neilsen sure is accident prone. Will a pro football team even give him a chance because of his apparent frailty? Can Iowa depend on him?

Being accident prone in football would be like being a boxer and having a glass jaw... Well, I guess Tommy Hearns was pretty successful.

Uhhh, the kid broke his neck last year and then played on a sprained ankle and apparently some broken fingers this year.

Am I missing something?

Yeah, glass is half full homerchickenlittle :)

There were a lot of people who said the same of Moeaki. Moeaki also had (has) a lot of downtime due to injury, but he's had a productive football career.

Uhhh, the kid broke his neck last year and then played on a sprained ankle and apparently some broken fingers this year.

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are. Neilsen is either less effective because of his injuries or he's out of the lineup (which definitely makes him less effective).

I don't think anyone ever questioned his toughness. They questioned whether or not he can get the job done when he's not 100%. Big difference.

Yes, you are. Neilsen is either less effective because of his injuries or he's out of the lineup (which definitely makes him less effective).

Thats odd because I thought he looked pretty effective Saturday night. He missed a half dozen games or so last with a borken neck and was hobbled with a bum ankle early this year.

That hardly seems like enough to justify calling him accident prone or fragile.

I don't think anyone ever questioned his toughness. They questioned whether or not he can get the job done when he's not 100%. Big difference.

Without TN we don't win that game. He is too important and too versatile for our defense, not to mention the intangibles he brings to the plate in terms of knowledge, toughness, and leadership.

Has he played 100%. No. But he brings more to A LOT to the table every Saturday.

I will always root for a no nonsense, tough-nosed kid, who played with a broken neck, returned, hurt his ankle, played through it, and now broke his hand Saturday and played through it.

My understanding he had surgery yesterday and a plate was put in. And yes you will still see him out there Saturday going balls to the wall.

He was and still is our most valuable linebacker.

He broke them early on in the game but was cleared to return knowing the injury couldn't get any worse. I would assume he would be good to go since he returned last week.

If true, that must have hurt like hell staying in the rest of the game. I've had broken fingers; not fun. TN's a tough guy.

Latest posts