Tyler Cook

Yea that's the quote. I would say that quote fits Moss to a tee. But that could also just be Moss's personality too.

The rumors on Hawkeye Report are Cook and Dailey. I've even seen some stuff on Twitter saying Cook is going to transfer to Missouri so I still think that's who Tom and Rick were referencing.

The rumors on Hawkeye Report are Cook and Dailey. I've even seen some stuff on Twitter saying Cook is going to transfer to Missouri so I still think that's who Tom and Rick were referencing.

It sure seems like the Cook to Missouri rumor started over one random guy asking the question. I highly doubt Tom and Rick have inside info.

It sure seems like the Cook to Missouri rumor started over one random guy asking the question. I highly doubt Tom and Rick have inside info.

Both of them are very well connected, especially Tom and I'm sure Rob could vouch for that.

When there is this much smoke, unfortunately there is a fire somewhere.

I was just reading on Tom's board and it sounded like it was all smoke from the same spot. I've heard Tom say over and over he has no inside knowledge on the situation. There could very well be something I haven't seen tho. What smoke have you seen?

I was just reading on Tom's board and it sounded like it was all smoke from the same spot. I've heard Tom say over and over he has no inside knowledge on the situation. There could very well be something I haven't seen tho. What smoke have you seen?

I haven't seen any smoke. Who knows could be nothing at all.

Both of them are very well connected, especially Tom and I'm sure Rob could vouch for that.

So you think it's known throughout the team he is leaving then? That's really the only way someone connected could know. I would assume Cook was being hush hush about it if he was thinking about leaving.

I haven't seen any smoke. Who knows could be nothing at all.
You just said "when there is this much smoke". I thought there was smoke too so I read a long thread about it and it seemed like there was a good chance it was nothing. That's all the "inside" info I have to go off of tho. That and the fact that common sense says no way he leaves unless it's to some level of pro ball.

I've heard from a friend that has ties to the team that Tyler Cook has not signed a lease for next year, and his mother who was looking at condos in the Iowa City area is no longer doing so. FWIW

You just said "when there is this much smoke". I thought there was smoke too so I read a long thread about it and it seemed like there was a good chance it was nothing. That's all the "inside" info I have to go off of tho. That and the fact that common sense says no way he leaves unless it's to some level of pro ball.

Are you talking about the free board over there at Rivals? It seems like there is some smoke here in the paid subscriber board.

I'm honestly fine if he goes. When you've had a season like this, there are no "sacred cows". He's a terrible post defender and a lazy rebounder, at best. Sure, he can dominate offensively in the paint at times, but we've got more than enough offense....we need some freaking defense.

I'm honestly fine if he goes. When you've had a season like this, there are no "sacred cows". He's a terrible post defender and a lazy rebounder, at best. Sure, he can dominate offensively in the paint at times, but we've got more than enough offense....we need some freaking defense.

I don't know how you could be fine about it. Losing our best player who's only a sophomore would really suck.

It just makes me more pissed off that Fran miss managed this freaking team so badly that our good players are leaving. Ellingson, Uhl, and Williams should have been encouraged to leave last year. We could have used the scholarships for player who could have made this team good. Instead we waste a year, and if our most talented player leaves it just highlights how terrible Fran is managing this team.

If Cook transfers, doesn't he have to sit out a year? Why would he do that? Same for Dailey, but where would he go? It doesn't make sense.

Well that's smoke.
My initial reaction wasn't one of worry... I assumed he would do what Jok did. Check in with the NBA, get a long list of things to work on, and come back next year. I don't see how sitting out for one year and the playing one year at another school could possibly put him in better standing with the NBA than playing two more seasons in the Big Ten. But, if he were to transfer, and everything else I just mentioned was taken into account, it could mean there is something really wrong with this program.

I listened to the latest Hawkeye Report podcast with Tom Kakert and Rick Brown this morning which was really good with most of it talking about Chris Street. After they got done talking they mentioned potentially a starter transferring after this year and it sounds like they were referring to Cook. That would really suck.

Weird. CyTwins is saying the same thing on CF today...

I don't know how you could be fine about it. Losing our best player who's only a sophomore would really suck.

We were 4-14 this year and lost virtually every game by double digits....including trailing in every single conference road game by at least 18 points.

I'm not sure that things get much worse than that....

Latest posts