Tyler Cook Tweet

I’m not watching Iowa play on the road anymore. I’ve seen the same game over and over and it’s not fun. I’ll check the box score and if they somehow manage to win one on the road this year I’ll watch on BTN2Go the following day. No reason to waste a perfectly good night on that team.

It really sucks because a few years ago I wouldn’t miss an Iowa b-ball game for anything and now I don’t even want to watch.

it really sucks. I fucking HATE Nebraska, so I'll watch Sunday. But if we lose at home to them (very likely imo, they have a great team) - I'm checked out.

It’s a long season. We (fans) make a BIG DEAL out of every game. It’s what we do.

Players, however, HAVE to flush it. They play long season and can’t carry baggage forward from failure. Learn and get better. Think that’s reason for TCs tweet. One game doesn’t a season end.
At some point it no longer is just "one game doesn't a season end". You can 1 game at a time yourself right out of any chance at the tournament with that perspective. They have some games coming up that they'll need to win.

When your best player is a guy who has terrible hands and can’t shoot a jump shot you aren’t going to win many games in a major conference . I would rather have wieskamp be the go to guy so it can pay dividends in the future .

JW is going to be a stud, no doubt about it. However he still needs some seasoning. His drives and spins are a bit out of control and he's still feeling his way through college bball...especially the Big Ten. His upside is massive though. Like Uthoff+++.

At some point it no longer is just "one game doesn't a season end". You can 1 game at a time yourself right out of any chance at the tournament with that perspective. They have some games coming up that they'll need to win.

Right now it looks like Rutgers is the only B1G team we can [possibly!] beat. Even Ill. looks better than we do. 2-18 in conf. play looks like our record.

They'll win more than 2. But whether it's 2-18, or 5-15, or 6-14, does it really matter? All are unacceptable. At least if we have any pride as fans.

This team is full of extremely soft kids. They love talking the talk all day but when they get punched in the mouth and they need to walk the walk they fold like a cheap lawn chair

Hey don’t be criticizing my lawn chairs as they are something this team and coach aren’t. At least my lawn chairs are good for the long stretch. :cool:

I don't think it's a lack of talent overall. There are 3 4-star recruits on the team. I think it is lack of a legit PG who can drive the lane and lack of anyone who can keep opposing guards out of the paint. Iowa's guards are Bohannon, Dailey, Moss, and Wieskamp. None of them have shown a propensity to play defense consistently and on offense these guys are shooters, not penetrators or facilitators in any way. At least early on Gesell was more of a scorer and Clemmons was a pretty good defender. But Fran has not had a legit complete Big Ten caliber PG in 9 years and it has been a problem. Ulis was the first miss, now DJ Carton is playing in Columbus rather than Iowa City. It's clear Fran will be in IC for the remainder of his contract barring a "Lick-like" collapse. If he wants to turn this around he better scour the juco ranks for an experienced PG. If this team had at least a serviceable PG we might have beaten Wisconsin and had a better showing against Purdue.

I would say this is a pretty good summation.

I did like Eric May’s intensity his senior year after he got by all the injuries.

If we lose our next home game then espect an avalanche affect similar to last season. Then it won’t matter what any of them tweet. They may want to learn Morse code at that point ... - - - … - - - ... - - -

I expected a lot of ridiculous comments and overreaction on the board...found a lot in this thread. The game was close at the under 12 minute timeout. I told my wife we should watch something else because it was going to be a blowout...was obvious at this point that Garza would not be playing and Purdue was firing on all cylinders. So the end result was not overly shocking.

Here are a couple of facts...not opinions or overreactions. Garza is one of our top players. When he doesn't play we aren't as good. And Purdue can be exposed inside IMO. So not having Garza really hurt.

Also, there are 5 conference teams ranked in the Top 20 (actually Top 19) per Kenpom. They are Michigan State, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue and Wisconsin. We have 8 games against this group. It just so happens 4 of the 8 are to open the season. So we could start 0-4...probable if Garza sits again Sunday IMO. But the season is far from lost/over. I think Iowa will still win 12 of the remaining 17 games.

Side Note - Fran certainly doesn't do everything right. But sitting Garza was a smart long term move. We likely lose last night with or without him. He now has 3 more days to get healthier. This will be a plus Sunday and over the remaining 17 games.

I expected a lot of ridiculous comments and overreaction on the board...found a lot in this thread. The game was close at the under 12 minute timeout. I told my wife we should watch something else because it was going to be a blowout...was obvious at this point that Garza would not be playing and Purdue was firing on all cylinders. So the end result was not overly shocking.

Here are a couple of facts...not opinions or overreactions. Garza is one of our top players. When he doesn't play we aren't as good. And Purdue can be exposed inside IMO. So not having Garza really hurt.

Also, there are 5 conference teams ranked in the Top 20 (actually Top 19) per Kenpom. They are Michigan State, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue and Wisconsin. We have 8 games against this group. It just so happens 4 of the 8 are to open the season. So we could start 0-4...probable if Garza sits again Sunday IMO. But the season is far from lost/over. I think Iowa will still win 12 of the remaining 17 games.

Side Note - Fran certainly doesn't do everything right. But sitting Garza was a smart long term move. We likely lose last night with or without him. He now has 3 more days to get healthier. This will be a plus Sunday and over the remaining 17 games.

I hope you are right. Going 12-5 the rest of the way.....I do not think that is happening. They end the year @OSU, @ Wisconsin, @Nebraska......There is just no margin for error with that remaining schedule.

Spot on about Luka’s value, and the decision to sit him.
We were not going to win in Mackey either way. Purdue with Painter overplays tough D and grabs real well too.

The part that pisses people off is now that this group is upperclassmen, they shouldn’t be getting piss pounded anywhere.

Stephen Bardo mentioned upperclassmen and pride in the 2nd half - we’ll see Sunday what this group is going to do with the 2019 season.
Step up or Wilt away. It’s a key game of the year in my mind.

Latest posts