Tyler Cook Tweet

When your best player is a guy who has terrible hands and can’t shoot a jump shot you aren’t going to win many games in a major conference . I would rather have wieskamp be the go to guy so it can pay dividends in the future .
I think Joe is the go-to guy already.

Let's be honest. Losing isn't all that great on the heart either.

Reasonable goal was going .500 in big ten. It's quite the uphill battle from here on out.
I have learned that as the season goes on it doesn't pay to take Iowa basketball that seriously. Its a lot easier on the heart. I only watch around ten minutes or so of the game tonight. It was pretty apparent that Purdue overall had better players than Iowa.

You should see the defense being played by both teams in Wisconsin vs Minnesota. Gophs are going to get out with a W.

BTW, Brad Davison is a punk. He was on the ground, where he is about fifty times a night, saw that McBreyers back was to him, and tried to move over and roll under McBreyer from behind as Minnesota was inbounding the ball. McBreyer had every right to kick him right in the mouth, especially since Davison already gashed Dupree's lip earlier in the game on the play where he got T'd up.

He's the groin puncher from 2 weeks ago, right?

I have learned that as the season goes on it doesn't pay to take Iowa basketball that seriously. Its a lot easier on the heart. I only watch around ten minutes or so of the game tonight. It was pretty apparent that Purdue overall had better players than Iowa.
And that's unacceptable when Iowa has a veteran nucleus and Purdue is young and rebuilding. You could make a legit argument that last night Purdue's eighth best player on the floor was better then Iowa's second best.

The next step is watch the ESPN app, all plays. When the opponent's logo comes up in bold "so and so made a lay up" time after time, hope you have a good book to read

What I really want is to see Brent Feller’s reaction after he’s given a couple million over the years to stay home in March.

At least he gets to fly with the team and sit behind the bench. Seems like a good investment to me.

LOL
He's a moron.

Its lack of talent

I don't think it's a lack of talent overall. There are 3 4-star recruits on the team. I think it is lack of a legit PG who can drive the lane and lack of anyone who can keep opposing guards out of the paint. Iowa's guards are Bohannon, Dailey, Moss, and Wieskamp. None of them have shown a propensity to play defense consistently and on offense these guys are shooters, not penetrators or facilitators in any way. At least early on Gesell was more of a scorer and Clemmons was a pretty good defender. But Fran has not had a legit complete Big Ten caliber PG in 9 years and it has been a problem. Ulis was the first miss, now DJ Carton is playing in Columbus rather than Iowa City. It's clear Fran will be in IC for the remainder of his contract barring a "Lick-like" collapse. If he wants to turn this around he better scour the juco ranks for an experienced PG. If this team had at least a serviceable PG we might have beaten Wisconsin and had a better showing against Purdue.

It's the fact that he's tweeting minutes after the game that has me cringing. Seriously, kids, worrying about your social media and phone messages is probably not helping with "focus".

It was a pathetic showing. The team is 11-3 and I am trying my best not to over react, but what a bunch of garbage play that was. I'm not gonna sit through another year like last. I'm just not. I'll watch something else. Fran is falling like a rock in my book. NCAA or bust, that target won't move for me. Injury or not. What a shit show.

It's a lack of consistently being mentally focused and playing hard on defense. This team has plenty of talent to not lose like they did last night.

When you have no footspeed to begin to stay with that point guard it looks like lack of effort.

I don't think it's a lack of talent overall. There are 3 4-star recruits on the team. I think it is lack of a legit PG who can drive the lane and lack of anyone who can keep opposing guards out of the paint. Iowa's guards are Bohannon, Dailey, Moss, and Wieskamp. None of them have shown a propensity to play defense consistently and on offense these guys are shooters, not penetrators or facilitators in any way. At least early on Gesell was more of a scorer and Clemmons was a pretty good defender. But Fran has not had a legit complete Big Ten caliber PG in 9 years and it has been a problem. Ulis was the first miss, now DJ Carton is playing in Columbus rather than Iowa City. It's clear Fran will be in IC for the remainder of his contract barring a "Lick-like" collapse. If he wants to turn this around he better scour the juco ranks for an experienced PG. If this team had at least a serviceable PG we might have beaten Wisconsin and had a better showing against Purdue.

Yoh nailed it, but it is still lack of pt guard talent and the bench isnt legit. Yes there is dome talent in between.

It’s a long season. We (fans) make a BIG DEAL out of every game. It’s what we do.

Players, however, HAVE to flush it. They play long season and can’t carry baggage forward from failure. Learn and get better. Think that’s reason for TCs tweet. One game doesn’t a season end.

It was a pathetic showing. The team is 11-3 and I am trying my best not to over react, but what a bunch of garbage play that was. I'm not gonna sit through another year like last. I'm just not. I'll watch something else. Fran is falling like a rock in my book. NCAA or bust, that target won't move for me. Injury or not. What a shit show.
I’m not watching Iowa play on the road anymore. I’ve seen the same game over and over and it’s not fun. I’ll check the box score and if they somehow manage to win one on the road this year I’ll watch on BTN2Go the following day. No reason to waste a perfectly good night on that team.

It really sucks because a few years ago I wouldn’t miss an Iowa b-ball game for anything and now I don’t even want to watch.

Latest posts