Tyler Cook Invited to G League Elite Camp

Good for Tyler. He earned his spot in the combine.

And not that he will, but now that he's in the combine he could go through draft and go back to school if not selected per new rules.

Im not trying to bash Cook or anything. Maybe we remember Harrell differently from college. I remember him as a hustle type of player who wasn't necessarily known for his offensive game but got his points by being athletic and rebounding. I also remember him as a consistent rebounder and shot blocker. I think he also was a pretty good offensive rebounder. Essentially a more talented and athletic version of Baer except Harrell may have been a worse shooter than Cook.

Cook on the other hand is known more as a skilled post move player who could score on about anyone in the post if not double teamed. I'm convinced that the shooting touch will come with more work on his shot without having to focus on school. His form isn't terrible. And many great players develop their shot more when they get to the pros. If he had that mid range or even a 25% average from 3 he could be a solid contributor to a pro team.

Imo, if TC wants to stick in the league he will have to be the guy who gets his points by being athletic. He will have to be the hustle guy in the NBA. That will be his niche, that will be his role. I do not think he will ever get a mid-range game. If I were in his camp(and a good thing I am not) I would tell him just do what you do best and try to per-fect it.

Last edited:
Great for TC! I think he could show well at the testing portion of the combine. Maybe he can sneak into the 2nd round.

I saw one mock, which I take with a grain of salt, had him in the 50s. Not impossible. Only takes one team to like him.

And TC is only Big 10 - correct? Good for him.
Do any G League guys get invited to Combine? If so, how many / who ?

thanks for the coverage.

I think the combine is only for draft eligible players.

TC only B1G draft eligible player from G League camp to make combine. Happ, Coffey and Palmer Jr. did not.

Its to bad Cook didn't focus on rebounding and interior defense last year. He was going to score his points.

Any word on his ankle after rolling it yesterday? Hopefully it won't impede his combine performance.

I haven't heard anything on the ankle. He looked like he was ok after the trainer looked at it yesterday and wanted to get back in the game.

It's gonna be funny when TC gets drafted cause ya know, he's NO WHERE near the NBA if you ask "Super Iowa Hoops Fan #99". You know the guy.

OMG you guys! After seeing this list, Tyler is going to get eaten alive!