Tyler Cook Commits to Iowa

The front court of the future is going to be pretty stacked, esp if Pemsl can get back to 100%. In four years, they could be a terror....all can run, good athletes...no plodders and muscle.

The front court of the future is going to be pretty stacked, esp if Pemsl can get back to 100%. In four years, they could be a terror....all can run, good athletes...no plodders and muscle.

He looked around six foot eight to me from the pictures, but with shoes on he probably is six foot nine. He just turned eighteen so he might have some growing to do before he gets to Iowa. The same with Kriener and Pemsl. They aren't overweight or skinny guys.
"

He looked around six foot eight to me from the pictures, but with shoes on he probably is six foot nine. He just turned eighteen so he might have some growing to do before he gets to Iowa. The same with Kriener and Pemsl. They aren't overweight or skinny guys.
"

He is an equalizer-MSU usually gets a guy or two like this - so it's nice to have him on our side-

Great get for Fran.

With Uthoff and Woody being gone after this year Wagner, Uhl, Pemsl, Cook, and Kreiner give them 5 legit D1 bodies for next season. I hate to get too excited about a player who has yet to play any D1 BB, but man the way Cook gets up quick and likes to dunk, he reminds me of Aaron White but bigger and stronger and tougher inside.

Where's Iowalaw to tell us how it's unfathomable that Fran can't get better than Missouri Valley talent to Iowa this far into his tenure? Even when we landed big instate kids, the trolls on this site were unhappy because they were coming to Iowa anyway because they were from Iowa (which is ridiculous). But some tried to sale that Fran couldn't get a big fish from another state.

What a pick up for Fran. I've been soap boxing on this site for the last 4 seasons that Iowa was going to be very good at basketball for the foreseeable future and I feel even more confident in that today.

Great get for Fran.

With Uthoff and Woody being gone after this year Wagner, Uhl, Pemsl, Cook, and Kreiner give them 5 legit D1 bodies for next season. I hate to get too excited about a player who has yet to play any D1 BB, but man the way Cook gets up quick and likes to dunk, he reminds me of Aaron White but bigger and stronger and tougher inside.

He has a big body but is pretty nimble and has the ability to use either hand on jump hooks and put backs-that's what impressed me.

I think Cook's commit is a big deal for a number of reasons. Obviously what he brings to the basketball court is the main thing.

However, I'd go a step further in saying that his commitment has to mean a ton to Fran and his staff. No one works harder than Fran's team at recruiting. They are all over the place. They've come in second or third on some big name recruits, and when you spend as much time and effort as they do trying to reel these guys in and then strike out at the last minute it has to be an incredibly frustrating experience. Fran's inability to land a big name recruit for quite awhile didn't really bother me from a team perspective because I know how good he is at developing players and finding under the radar talent. I was never in panic mode like a small minority of people seemed to be. My point is Cook's commitment has to be a huge morale booster for Fran and his coaching staff. They deserve it. I'm happy for them more than anything else.

Fran's hard work is paying off. Yeah it sucked being second or third choices for a lot of really good players, but the staff was working their *** off getting Iowa in the conversation and it was just a matter of time before they landed a big one.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...tyler-cook-no-51-espn-100-picks-iowa-hawkeyes

And was reading this article and didn't realize Bohannon was so highly rated, things are looking great for the future!

Me neither! I suppose it depends on which service you look at, but apparently JB is fairly highly regarded. Looks like Fran is starting to reel in some nice talent (at last) and it's great to see him get a highly rated out-of-state guy. This wouldn't have been possible Fran's first year, and especially under the previous coaching staff. Takes time to build things, but looks like the hard work and recent success is starting to pay off!

Huge get on Cook! His offer list is ridiculous. Anything that has KU on it - 'nuff said.

Wait. What? Fran got a big time recruit? I thought that wasn't possible per the authorities on this site. Just another example of hard work and persistence paying off. Nice job Fran and Sherm (and the rest of the staff).

It only takes one to take a team from good to great. Hopefully this pickup (or any of the other athletic guys that Fran brought in here this year) can be that guy. Once you get it going, success starts breeding success, and all of a sudden, the guys we would normally finish 2nd or 3rd for start picking us. Then watch out!

Latest posts