Twitter update from Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports on Who has Interviewed

Duckeye

Iowa has interviewed Jim Boylen, Brad Bownell and Billy Kennedy. Doug Wojcik in the mix. Brian Gregory could hold the key, though.

Go ahead and hire one of those guys Gary! It will sure save me alot of money as I won't be spending it on basketball tickets!

Don't dismiss the me killing myself discussion.

We'd be better off without you if you're going to judge a coach that you have no information strictly by the school in which he coaches.

Why don't you ask Vandy how good of a coach Billy Kennedy is

And Butler for that matter

My first question would be "How does anyone REALLY know"?

I don't think anyone can confirm who or who hasn't been interviewed. I TRULY do NOT think that Barta will do something as absurd as hiring one of the names on that list. If he does, well then we better pray that they are a diamond in the rough.

I don't see a problem with interviewing a large numbrer of candidates. He can't really interview coaches of teams still alive so why not? You guys are overreacting.

I tend to agree with Cydkar. Take Mike Tomlin for example. Many people believed him to be a "token Rooney Rule interview." However, he blew the Steelers away. I'm not in love with any of those guys. But giving them an interview isn't going to hurt anyone. And it can help raise a young coach's profile.

Latest posts