Twitter update from Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports on Who has Interviewed

If these really and truly are the ONLY candidates we have interviewed, then I have grave concerns about who is running this coaching search. My only anwser to that would be that Barta had better have some definitely interest from someone who's still coaching and/or yet to interview, if we are passing on interviews for guys like Tony Barbee.

You do understand that interviews are a 2 way street. The coach
has to want to take on the task. Anyone else have the feeling that
when it comes to Iowa B-ball we've sort intentionally or unintentionally
dug ourselves a BIG HOLE!

The athletic department got wise a few years back:

Domain Name: FIREGARYBARTA.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: Browser Update Page
Name Server: NS1.HAWKEYESPORTS.COM
Name Server: NS2.HAWKEYESPORTS.COM
Name Server: NS3.HAWKEYESPORTS.COM
Updated Date: 22-jul-2009
Creation Date: 20-jul-2006
Expiration Date: 20-jul-2013

Domain Name: FIREKIRKFERENTZ.COM
Name Server: NS1.HAWKEYESPORTS.COM
Name Server: NS2.HAWKEYESPORTS.COM
Name Server: NS3.HAWKEYESPORTS.COM
Updated Date: 22-jul-2009
Creation Date: 25-dec-2003
Expiration Date: 25-dec-2017

However this one was just updated today:

Domain Name: FIRETODDLICKLITER.COM
Name Server: NS21.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS22.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 26-mar-2010
Creation Date: 25-mar-2009
Expiration Date: 25-mar-2011

Wow! I don't know if some of you guys are acting like little children or old ladies. Barta told Gatens around the tiime of the final four. Believe me, it is known who has interest and who doesn't. I'm inclined to believe that at least one of Drew, Gregory, or Forbes has interest, but are just a little bit preoccupied. Wojcik, Kennedy, Godfried, Lavin, Lusk, Collins, Hewitt, may have interviewed to keep the project on schedule

Wow! I don't know if some of you guys are acting like little children or old ladies. Barta told Gatens around the tiime of the final four. Believe me, it is known who has interest and who doesn't. I'm inclined to believe that at least one of Drew, Gregory, or Forbes has interest, but are just a little bit preoccupied. Wojcik, Kennedy, Godfried, Lavin, Lusk, Collins, Hewitt, may have interviewed to keep the project on schedule

I agree. Just sit back and let things play out. No point in getting all worked up over rumors.

Again, I am not going to get worked up over a bunch of possible contacts at this point. When Barta announces the guy...that is the time to discuss his handling of this hire,and of course,even then, I will be rooting that he made the right choice,whether I like the choice or not.

I am fine with him talking to all the non-tourny candidates now...so that when the tourny is over, he can swiftly talk to those guys,and make a decision.

We're in the eye of the hurricane people...relax and enjoy the peace and quiet! The crap storm will be back soon enough.

Latest posts