Tucker arrested again.

Quick!!! Somebody start talking about Iowa football so I feel better.

Seriously though, Tucker is clearly in need of some help, he has a problem and needs to grow up fast and realize that. Not to say that I didn't do stupid things when I was in college, but once I got in trouble for the first time, I altered my behavior.

Yep, I would've thought Tucker learned his lesson after last year, but apparently not. It's probably just a case of thinking you aren't going to get caught. I think it's too late now for Tucker to change his behavior and remain in an Iowa uniform. Intox-Grades-Intox = 3 strikes and you're out.

I will support whoever the coach is, but can we please try to get Alford back? Please? Players rarely got busted when he was here and if they did, one chance that was it. His lectures lowered recidivism to zero.

I will support whoever the coach is, but can we please try to get Alford back? Please? Players rarely got busted when he was here and if they did, one chance that was it. His lectures lowered recidivism to zero.

God I hope this is a joke

Who would WANT him? Talk about a selfish act. I mean hell, its one thing to be a frigging chucker and shoot every time you touch the ball, or never fight through a screen because it might mean stopping the other team from scoring. But no that doesn't mean **** to him. All he frigging cares about is "getting his".

I'm sorry. I meant to say "cared" about. Past tense. Can we pretend he never played here?

He's our most skilled perimter player and widely regarded as our best perimeter defender. I've never heard anyone I respect indicate he's anything but a team player on both sides of the ball.

I don't understand some people.

Wow. You'd think someone would try to be on the look-out for this kid and help keep him on the right path. They should've set up some of buddy system! It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds. Does that mean Lick's kid with see some playing time now? :eek:

Wow. You'd think someone would try to be on the look-out for this kid and help keep him on the right path. They should've set up some of buddy system! It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds. Does that mean Lick's kid with see some playing time now? :eek:

Personal responsibility/accountibility should have been enough. He is 19/20 years old, not 6.

Its interesting to see on the police report that he is listed as living in Burnsville, IA as well as having the name of James Anthony Tucker II. As far as I know there is no Burnsville IA. There is a Burnsville MN which is somewhat close to Minnetonka.

Its interesting to see on the police report that he is listed as living in Burnsville, IA as well as having the name of James Anthony Tucker II. As far as I know there is no Burnsville IA. There is a Burnsville MN which is somewhat close to Minnetonka.

It should read Burnsville, MN, it is a typo.

I'm not going to apologize for a stupid kid who is 19-20 but he shouldn't be kicked off the team. He should be suspended between 2 and 10 games and we move on. He didn't beat someone up, he didn't steal anything, he wasn't smoking pot, he didn't rape a girl, he didn't lie to authorities (that we know of), he got drunk and was busted for it end of story. He did what 75% of the college campus does on the weekend.

He shouldn't be kicked off the team. He should receive a 5 to 10 game suspension and we move on. The kid didn't commit a major crime, he did what 75% of the campus does on the weekend. He wasn't caught smoking pot, raping a girl, stealing something, beating someone up. He obviously has an issue that needs to be addressed but to kick a kid off for drinking is irresponsible on our part.

I'm not going to apologize for a stupid kid who is 19-20 but he shouldn't be kicked off the team. He should be suspended between 2 and 10 games and we move on. He didn't beat someone up, he didn't steal anything, he wasn't smoking pot, he didn't rape a girl, he didn't lie to authorities (that we know of), he got drunk and was busted for it end of story. He did what 75% of the college campus does on the weekend.

Right...but this is twice in less than a year that he's been pinched for public intox. I know I've been drunk around cops before, and you really have to be acting like an *** for them to arrest you for being drunk.

It's too bad; the kid got his grades up, got that cool tatoo about how his mistakes don't define him, and it'll probably be a dumb mistake that gets him booted.

Obviously he's made some bad decisions and made his own grave but I feel bad for the kid. All indications are he has a serious problem with booze and for a 19-20 year old that frequently spells lots and lots of trouble.

Agreed. It is clear that he has a drinking problem and the best course of action may be to order him to get help for it. I would not be so quick to dismiss him from the team unless he refuses to do this. At this rate, he will join the long list of students that drank their way out of the University of Iowa after a year or two there.

He shouldn't be kicked off the team. He should receive a 5 to 10 game suspension and we move on. The kid didn't commit a major crime, he did what 75% of the campus does on the weekend. He wasn't caught smoking pot, raping a girl, stealing something, beating someone up. He obviously has an issue that needs to be addressed but to kick a kid off for drinking is irresponsible on our part.

"We" aren't making the decision. Lickliter sent Bohall to the bench for the rest of the year after his public intox; he can (and should) do the same with Tucker.

How many chances do you give him then? 4 or 5 apparently? He has continually put himself and poor choices ahead of his team and coaches. Now this is apparently okay because he didnt steal something or beat someone up...please! The kid has been provided a second chance previously and he blew it.

My first thought as well. I pulled up HN.com thinking things should be good, we won last night. I am sure Lickliter was pleased.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was looking forward to reading some thoughts on the same, the team, the fact it's a W and not an L this morning and now it's like all the good stuff is thrown out the window and you worry will we be losing another player

Latest posts