Troubling Trend in Hawkeye Recruiting: Too Many Iowans

Iowalaw was right, there is just nothing to cheer for anymore. Hawkeye fotball is swirling in the bowl right now. What has Kirk Ferentz ever done since signing that contract extension? We need something to change. now.

Got it. So now you don't even think coaches should need film to evaluate kids??? Like watching a game they are supposed to focus in on Martin and Martin alone, and not even look at the film to see it from a way better advantage??? You do get, that is what coaches do right, watch film? That would be like saying, um you were right on the sidelines during the game, why do you need to watch the film to break down the game?

You are driving deeper and deeper into an incredibly obtuse rabbit hole. So now, they don't need film to evaluate, they don't need them at camp to evaluate.....they are just supposed to "know".....

Only when it's cut and dry. It sounds like that's the case with Martin.

And it's funny, the same 'geniuses' that told us all about how bad Iowa was going to suck last year, how bad and un-athletic our LB's are, how KF should be fired, etc...are still on here giving us their 'opinions' and arguing constantly with people who actually know what they're talking about and have proven it time and again....you're a 'special' breed, my friends. Here's a thought, shut up and try to learn a little something instead of sharing your uninformed, ignorant 'opinions' with us. But that's just my opinion.............an 'informed' one.

And it's funny, the same 'geniuses' that told us all about how bad Iowa was going to suck last year, how bad and un-athletic our LB's are, how KF should be fired, etc...are still on here giving us their 'opinions' and arguing constantly with people who actually know what they're talking about and have proven it time and again....you're a 'special' breed, my friends. Here's a thought, shut up and try to learn a little something instead of sharing your uninformed, ignorant 'opinions' with us. But that's just my opinion.............an 'informed' one.

Whoever those people are were dumb. It was obvious we would be good last year once we got the huge upgrade at quarterback.

Yup, the QB made ALL the difference......You're EXACTLY one of the idiots I'm talking about.....You are by far one of the most ignorant on this site, and you feel the need to convince us over and over.......Keep up the good work and your 'revisionist' history...........

I liked the Hawknick Schtick better.

Yup, the QB made ALL the difference......You're EXACTLY one of the idiots I'm talking about.....You are by far one of the most ignorant on this site, and you feel the need to convince us over and over.......Keep up the good work and your 'revisionist' history...........

How can you be by far one of the most? By far insinuates a big distance between yourself and other people. But one of the most insinuates you're lumped in with other people.

Whoever the quarterback is makes a huge difference under KF. His contain defense gets worn out late in games. A QB that can put points up really changes things.

It will also be interesting to see if CJ continues to be a gamer or falls into the KF package of senior mediocrity in leadership. Vandy came in a slinger, but didn't have the toughness to not fall into the pattern. KF tried desperately to make Banks a drop back control passer, but he'd oft revert to game instincts. KFs most successful years were typically about a qb who could improvise.

My guess is that CJ will not change and it will be a terrific year. However, not being as nimble as other such KF qbs, the odds of injury are pretty high.

HF oft kept the pedal down, especially to make a point (like against Illinois). He gave backups a decent amount of game time. It just doesn't happen much with KF. HF seemed to always have a decent back up as well.

Regardless of what one may say, there aren't many people here that are a bit nervous about a CJ injury or KF qb senioritis. The years of dismal qbs under a molasses (but very good) defense (smothering, little give, but slow moving) are not fun to watch.

Quarterbacks can be the difference between a win and a loss in a close game. Anyone who knows anything about football knows this.
EVERYONE executing is the difference in EVERY game. Anyone whos ever coached the game knows this...Oh, I forgot, I'm talking to a chatroom football guru, lol.........

How can you be by far one of the most? By far insinuates a big distance between yourself and other people. But one of the most insinuates you're lumped in with other people.
Huh? I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was dealing with someone with cognitive issues. I'll be nicer in the future.....

Maybe they're reformed cyfans who decided to join a winner but can't erase all the hatred they have towards Iowa. It could also be they live miserable lives and they're trying to bring everybody down to their pathetic level.

Maybe they're reformed cyfans who decided to join a winner but can't erase all the hatred they have towards Iowa. It could also be they live miserable lives and they're trying to bring everybody down to their pathetic level.
I know I should just ignore them, but sometimes it's kinda fun to take them on at 'their level... :)

Don't always agree with PC. But he's one of the better posters on here.

And yes, Hawknick, and Clinton were wayyyy more fun.

Don't always agree with PC. But he's one of the better posters on here.

And yes, Hawknick, and Clinton were wayyyy more fun.
IowaLaw is one of the better posters here??? That is hilarious!!! You weren't serious , were you??? Oh, and PC anytime you want to 'take me on' about football and projections, let's do it brother...I'll embarrass you more than you do all by yourself....

Latest posts