Travis and Tim on KXNO

Just woke up to one of them talking about beyoce and christina agulara. Would have preferred sports to people magazine.

It's pretty obvious to me that Tim doesn't live and breathe sports. Which I would think would be a pretty big prerequisite for being on a sports talk radio show. I know everyone thinks that Matt was a dick, but all he cares about is sports, which made him good.

I don't agree with that. I don't think you have to do that. So much of sports talk is personal taste...some can despise a show where others love it.

You don't have to have your head in sports 247...I find that boring to listen to...but you had better make up for it with being entertaining and also being well versed in the sports that your market really, really cares for. A lot of this depends on the market.

A lot of this depends on the market.

Exactly. I haven't listened to these guys since football recruit signing day when they spent a half hour talking about some Nebraska assistant coach. They seemed to have no idea (or don't care) what their market is - Iowa and Iowa State football and basketball, in that order. Apparently they're still clueless in that regard. They may know radio, but they don't know this market.

I tried to listen to them the first couple of weeks they were on but I couldn't take it and have not listened to them since. They are bad, real bad. Brinson isn't much better. What has happened to local radio?

Jon, I know you don't want to bad mouth Travis and Tim......so I will. I gave them a solid two months when they started and the occasional morning drive since then and they have gotten worse in my opinion. I don't know if they just think that their random pop culture references and conversations make them appeal to a broader audience but it just annoys me and everybody else I know. I would rather have KXNO replay last seasons Iowa and Iowa State football radio broadcasts. I bet they would get more listeners.

They are however better than Miller's new afternoon buddy Brinson. He is straight up horrible and doesn't know what he is talking about half of the time. What is more annoying is when he says something that is known to about 99.9% of the population and spouts off like he is the first one to ever have that thought.

The only similarities between Brinson and Perrault is that they were both outsiders brought into the market. After that the similarities end. Perrault may have been an *** at times, but he spread his poison equally between all parties. More importantly however, Matt actually knew the market he was in and what they wanted to talk about. He understood that college football was king followed by college basketball. Most other sports took a backseat to those two. Brinson so far hasn't shown me that he understands that this state's sports talk is driven by rabid college football fans. Until he does, he can take his fat Rolodex and all the 100 announcing jobs he had on his resume and pound pavement.

I have barely heard T&T cuz I am not a morning person. So it would be very unfair to comment. I have heard Travis on murph n Andy in the past and he has been entertaining there. But I can't speak to the morning show.

I have barely heard T&T cuz I am not a morning person. So it would be very unfair to comment. I have heard Travis on murph n Andy in the past and he has been entertaining there. But I can't speak to the morning show.

From someone with first hand experience listening to it........don't bother losing your beauty sleep in the morning to listen. As a matter-of-fact dont even bother wasting hard drive space to download it and listen later.

woke up this morn and they were talking Harry Potter. hit snooze and nine minutes later it was another non sports topic. why did kxno change formats.

uhg. ride to work was a T&T advertisement on gambling.....again. at least that was somewhat sports related.

I'm switching to van and bonnie. At least they have a sports news update during their show.

Somebody please post when kxno switches their format back to sports talk.....out

uhg. ride to work was a T&T advertisement on gambling.....again. at least that was somewhat sports related.

I'm switching to van and bonnie. At least they have a sports news update during their show.

Somebody please post when kxno switches their format back to sports talk.....out

At least during the Vegas segment they were talking about the Iowa/Nebby game. I'm not sure I agree with the way to early line that has Nebby as 9.5 point favorites but whatever, it's still way to early.

I totally stopped listening to TNT a long time ago.

And their gambling segment this morning was kind of interesting.

The only similarities between Brinson and Perrault is that they were both outsiders brought into the market. After that the similarities end. Perrault may have been an *** at times, but he spread his poison equally between all parties. More importantly however, Matt actually knew the market he was in and what they wanted to talk about. He understood that college football was king followed by college basketball. Most other sports took a backseat to those two. Brinson so far hasn't shown me that he understands that this state's sports talk is driven by rabid college football fans. Until he does, he can take his fat Rolodex and all the 100 announcing jobs he had on his resume and pound pavement.
Brinson is an old guy trying to sound hip, and he usually misses the mark. Plus he mispronounces somebody's name at least two or three times per segment.

There's a reason why he's working in a small market at this point in his career - he's not very good.

Brinson is an old guy trying to sound hip, and he usually misses the mark. Plus he mispronounces somebody's name at least two or three times per segment.

There's a reason why he's working in a small market at this point in his career - he's not very good.

I never thought about it like that but now that you mention it, that pretty much sums him up.

not big on gambling.

what i am big on is sports. college football is just around the corner. FB recruiting is in full swing. Texas is trying bully their friends again. Chizick is getting grilled. Its a sports talk station....just not on am drivetime.

At least during the Vegas segment they were talking about the Iowa/Nebby game. I'm not sure I agree with the way to early line that has Nebby as 9.5 point favorites but whatever, it's still way to early.

When was the last time Iowa lost by 10 points. I would assume it would at the hands of Ohio State but just wondering when.

Last time Iowa lost by 10 story from
Last week

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/30452-pretty-amazing-iowa-football-stat.html

Latest posts