transfers

He was also academically ineligible for St. John's. This is where ISU has an advantage to Iowa, they (Big 12) has lower academic requirements. Iowa couldn't get this kid if they wanted him, his grades are to low.

Two state schools in the same state that abide by the same state requirements - clearly different admission standards.

Being a ******* doesn't suit you well.

The academic standards for athletes at Iowa State or Iowa are virtually the same. Ignorant and void argument.

Next...

Thankfully I could not care less who Iowa State recruits, however it always ends up here on this board, and not in the rivalry forum. If they get this kid good for them. I don't care, so since 80% of this thread is ISU fans arguing about crap with Ryno the most notorious pot stirrer ever I think I may stop reading it, though I'd like to discuss more about the potential of Iowa getting a transfer. oh well.

Can Iowa build a program with transfers? Isn't that what some were making fun of ISU about. Guess ISU got the last laugh because they are going to the tournament with all those transfers and Iowa is not.

I never criticized ISU for recruiting transfers or taking them. Iowa has taken transfers in the past and will continue to take transfers in the future, perhaps just not as many as ISU. Either way it has worked quite well for ISU. If we can get a high profile transfer, whatever that happens to mean, I welcome him with open arms...

Can Iowa build a program with transfers? Isn't that what some were making fun of ISU about. Guess ISU got the last laugh because they are going to the tournament with all those transfers and Iowa is not.

I never criticized ISU for recruiting transfers or taking them. Iowa has taken transfers in the past and will continue to take transfers in the future, perhaps just not as many as ISU. Either way it has worked quite well for ISU. If we can get a high profile transfer, whatever that happens to mean, I welcome him with open arms...
I think the big complaint was that they weren't transfers as much as kids booted from their teams for a few of them. I agree I don't care how ISU built their team, I like what Fran is doing, though it's not as fast, I don't care.

Just scanning the Siena roster...let's see here:

O.D. Anosike, 6'8" 234 lbs Jr. 15.1 ppg, 12.9 rbs

Just sayin'.

Just scanning the Siena roster...let's see here:

O.D. Anosike, 6'8" 234 lbs Jr. 15.1 ppg, 12.9 rbs

Just sayin'.

It won't be someone from Siena. When coaches leave programs the way Fran did, they don't take players with them-that looks really bad. And I am sure he would discourage any of Siena's players from wanting to transfer to Iowa.

And what I mean by 'the way Fran did" is moving up to a better job. Not implying he was wrong for leaving Siena or that there are bad feelings either way.

It won't be someone from Siena. When coaches leave programs the way Fran did, they don't take players with them-that looks really bad. And I am sure he would discourage any of Siena's players from wanting to transfer to Iowa.

And what I mean by 'the way Fran did" is moving up to a better job. Not implying he was wrong for leaving Siena or that there are bad feelings either way.

You mean how Fran took Basabe with him from Siena. I believe Basabe had a signed LOI with Siena and get out of it when Fran came here.

McCaffrey has stated on a few occasions that he would be fine holding the last open spot until after the tournament because of transfers that may result from coaching changes. I do not know that he has anyone in his sights, but he has made similar comments throughout the season when asked about filling the open spot for next season. He has also mentioned being open to juco players if they can find the right fit.

My apologies for providing an Iowa basketball related answer amidst all the experts weighing in with their witty banter.

Yeah, I think Harrison is going to transfer to the New Orleans Hornets next year. I don't think they have to sit him for a year, and his scholarship is worth about 30 years of college.

On the other hand I think Iowa could beat the New Orleans Hornets.

If a player has completed their undergrad, they can transfer and play immediately. I've found out a thing or two about transfer rules in the last couple of years :)

If I am understanding transfers correctly, this statement is not 100% accurate. If a player completes his undergrad work, he can transfer and play immediately only if the original school does not have a graduate program in his chosen field. It happened with Russell Wilson at UW and one other player I can't remember.

GO HAWKS!!!

If I am understanding transfers correctly, this statement is not 100% accurate. If a player completes his undergrad work, he can transfer and play immediately only if the original school does not have a graduate program in his chosen field. It happened with Russell Wilson at UW and one other player I can't remember.

GO HAWKS!!!

Greg Paulus transferred from Duke and moved from BB to FB for Syracuse after he graduated.

Yes, you are right. The grad program cannot be offered at your current school.

Umm... someone transferring from a JUCO is certainly a transfer.
Unless you've never heard of a JUCO transfer?

They have to transfer though so it's a difference. They aren't necessarily castoffs, thugs and malcontents like the ISU transfers that can never work.

Latest posts