transfer portal news

Isn't the NBA made up of just as many mid-major players as P5 players?

Absolutely...mid-majors and foreigners as well. I'm not saying there is anything wrong mid-majors as your absolutely right that the best players find their way to the NBA regardless of what college they attend. That said though, kids grow up wanting to play for elite programs and power conferences. Which is why it doesn't surprise me the slightest bit when anyone transfers out of a mid-major to test the waters in a power conference. It's the nature of the beast.

I wouldn’t mind him if we lose someone like CJ or JW. But he doesn’t help us inside IMO.

Edit - I still think Harrar is the best remaining in conference guy for inside help.
Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if JW is back next year... that's a huge gap and that's pretty much what I was basing my comment on. Kopp seems like a tough nosed type of player, that sometimes is lacking on the remaining players (outside of Conner and Tousant).

Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if JW is back next year... that's a huge gap and that's pretty much what I was basing my comment on. Kopp seems like a tough nosed type of player, that sometimes is lacking on the remaining players (outside of Conner and Tousant).
6’7”
40 plus percent from 3 (likely)
Mid to upper eighties from the line
Quick release
Smart (at NW)

He won’t make us better on D IMO. But what’s not to like from a shooting perspective. I’d be interested in your scenario.

And who knows how many discussions and pitches are taking place across all of D1. Half a dozen coaches may be saying we’re interested if we lose Player X...JW in this scenario for us. I have a feeling a few key moves will kick off a flurry of activity nationally.

Absolutely...mid-majors and foreigners as well. I'm not saying there is anything wrong mid-majors as your absolutely right that the best players find their way to the NBA regardless of what college they attend. That said though, kids grow up wanting to play for elite programs and power conferences. Which is why it doesn't surprise me the slightest bit when anyone transfers out of a mid-major to test the waters in a power conference. It's the nature of the beast.
I had never heard of Smith from MI until this year. And he was a BT PG IMO...made them a lot better.

6’7”
40 plus percent from 3 (likely)
Mid to upper eighties from the line
Quick release
Smart (at NW)

He won’t make us better on D IMO. But what’s not to like from a shooting perspective. I’d be interested in your scenario.

And who knows how many discussions and pitches are taking place across all of D1. Half a dozen coaches may be saying we’re interested if we lose Player X...JW in this scenario for us. I have a feeling a few key moves will kick off a flurry of activity nationally.
I'm not 100% sure on his D... be interesting to research. Just felt like a baller we'd love to have on our team. We do need another shooter to spread the D away from CJ, maybe PM and Kris M. can be the answer there... but if JW doesn't leave - then get us another power forward! Keegan needs the help there.

The big that just entered the portal from Vandy would be a nice pick-up. I am guessing he will transfer to somewhere in Texas though since he is from there.

I love to relax and watch the Hawkeyenation.

I don't know why so many seem convinced Iowa won't make something positive out of the portal this year. A huge % of D1 players are in the portal with plenty of them still shopping for a home. Give it a little time to play out.

So... ISU loses Rashir Bolton and Jalen Coleman-Lands to Gonzaga and Kansas respectively??

How do 2 players from an 0-fer conference basketball team, end up on perennial Final 4 contenders?? There are still over 1,000 players in the portal.

So... ISU loses Rashir Bolton and Jalen Coleman-Lands to Gonzaga and Kansas respectively??

How do 2 players from an 0-fer conference basketball team, end up on perennial Final 4 contenders?? There are still over 1,000 players in the portal.
Jalen Coleman-Lands is now on his FOURTH school. Sheesh!

Perhaps he's having issues with his credits transferring over.......

At least JBo has stayed at one school.

Jalen Coleman-Lands is now on his FOURTH school. Sheesh!

Perhaps he's having issues with his credits transferring over.......

At least JBo has stayed at one school.
Wisc. Bad gers added a 7'1" center from Cincy named Vogt.

Saw this morning that Marcus Carr has narrowed his list down to UK, Louisville, KU and TX..
That's an interesting list. I thought UK was about full of guards now. But he's not gonna be in the BIG anymore.

Also the big guy Hunter Dickenson for Michigan is coming back to school. I figure they are the team to beat next year anyway but especially now.

Saw this morning that Marcus Carr has narrowed his list down to UK, Louisville, KU and TX..
That's an interesting list. I thought UK was about full of guards now. But he's not gonna be in the BIG anymore.

Also the big guy Hunter Dickenson for Michigan is coming back to school. I figure they are the team to beat next year anyway but especially now.
I think I read today that he is considering Europe as well.