Tracking Football Season Ticket Requests

BlkNGld

It seems like there are always questions and speculation as to what it takes to get Hawkeye football season tickets. If anyone is interested, please reply with your results for this year. Please list the following.

New ticket request or adding seats?
How many?
What donation section?
Priority points to date?
Annual donation (optional)?
Request approved or dened?
Other pertinent info.

Thanks for everyone's input in advance.

New ticket request or adding seats?- No
How many?-NA
What donation section?- I-Club
Priority points to date?- No clue, but I-club member and season ticket holder since the 02 season
Annual donation (optional)?- I club membership $50 a seat we have 2
Request approved or dened?- No letter but guessing we will be getting our tickets like we always do
Other pertinent info.- NA

It seems like there are always questions and speculation as to what it takes to get Hawkeye football season tickets. If anyone is interested, please reply with your results for this year. Please list the following.

New ticket request or adding seats? No
How many? Buying the same 6 tickets for me and friends
What donation section? The $50 per seat level
Priority points to date? Probably 90th percentile but that still doesnt help.
Alumni and buying consecutive years since 1980, Also had season tickets from 1973-1978.
Request approved or dened? Probably approved as they always have been.
Other pertinent info.

I have a lot of Priority Points but I wasnt even close to being able to order Nebby tickets last year. Unless they institute a lottery for tixs at Nebby only the really big donors/alums/letter winners will get them.

If you want season tickets you just have to keep trying until you get some in the endzone. Some of those endzone and seats at end of grandstands do not require donations but donating helps.

I'm a UI alumni. I've had 2 tickets for 3 seasons. I don't donate any extra money besides the regular ticket prices. This may be my last season getting tickets so here's hoping next year something will open up for you.

New ticket request or adding seats? - adding
How many? - 1
What donation section? - $0
Priority points to date? - 19
Annual donation (optional)? - $0
Request approved or dened? - denied
Other pertinent info. current seats are in the north endzone 5th row. this is the second year in a row i was denied adding a seat.

New ticket request or adding seats?
How many?
What donation section?
Priority points to date?
Request approved or dened?
Other pertinent info.

New
N/A
$0
Denied

Why? Do you think you will be forced out when they re-seat Kinnick which has been mentioned?

No. I just think the prices are getting a little too high, especially when there is usually only about 2 really good home games a year.

No. I just think the prices are getting a little too high, especially when there is usually only about 2 really good home games a year.

I disagree with that. Just in 2010 the home schedule included ISU, PSU, MSU, OSU and Wisconsin.

Last year was kind of weak but still had Michigan and MSU on it.

This year isnt bad at all with Nebraska, PSU and ISU all on the home schedule.

That's just about any CFB team any given year...2, maybe 3 good home games.

I didn't know they were taking request. I called and was one day past the deadline. The person told me that I still keep my points for applying the last two years. Hope she is right.

I disagree with that. Just in 2010 the home schedule included ISU, PSU, MSU, OSU and Wisconsin.

Last year was kind of weak but still had Michigan and MSU on it.

This year isnt bad at all with Nebraska, PSU and ISU all on the home schedule.

The first 3 games, ISU, UNI and directional Michigan does nothing for me. Would rather watch all those games in the comfort of my home. I guess, after years of going to every single home game, I just don't have the desire to kill 7 Saturday's a year anymore. I think I would be perfectly fine just going to 2 or 3 games a season and watching the rest on TV.

When you factor in tailgating and the gameday experience, there are seven good home games a year.

The first 3 games, ISU, UNI and directional Michigan does nothing for me. Would rather watch all those games in the comfort of my home. I guess, after years of going to every single home game, I just don't have the desire to kill 7 Saturday's a year anymore. I think I would be perfectly fine just going to 2 or 3 games a season and watching the rest on TV.

ISU does nothing for you?

I can see why your handle is "FML".

I get that. Ive had a 8 hour round trip commute the last 3 years. I made 6 home games in both 2009 and 2010 and only made 2 last year, partly because we welcomed a newborn last July.

Keep your tickets and go to the better games and sell the rest. I never go to the ISU game in Kinnick, I just think there are waaaaay too many people in town that weekend and hate it. I sell my 2 tickets for that game and it pays for pretty much 40% of the cost of my season tickets.

Sell the rest for face value to my dad and brother and I pick the best 2 or 3 games to go to and they go down and scalp for those games.

ISU does nothing for you?

I can see why your handle is "FML".

Doesnt do much for me either. Way too many people come to town just to party and its damn near impossible to get anywhere. And I sell my tickets to the highest bidding Hawk fan I know and pay for a good chunk of my season ticket cost.

Doesnt do much for me either. Way too many people come to town just to party and its damn near impossible to get anywhere. And I sell my tickets to the highest bidding Hawk fan I know and pay for a good chunk of my season ticket cost.

Exactly. It's by far the worst Saturday in the fall. Were expectd to win every year and like last year that's not always the case and puts a huge bummer on the whole wekend.

You are looking for exciting games, then complain too many people show up for ISU? And that we may actually lose the game?

I guess directional michigan is what you are looking for, despite your protestations.

Latest posts