Tracking Football Season Ticket Requests

I called the Hawkeye ticket office today and within 2 minutes I had my point total. They like to have your account number to search for your points, but will work off your name without a problem. My point total is 157. I could have upgraded some time ago, but love my seats in the south endzone. More legroom; on the aisle; actually right about under the main scoreboard in section 115. I watch the entire game through binoculars, so end zone seats are really fun. In a perfect world, I would like to be a bit lower...since they moved the band to the south endzone, I got bumped up a little, mostly because I wanted to stay in my aisle seats. Good fans around me...have gotten acquainted with them over the years. I am at the Silver Hawk level. Thanks again for the info on where to access points.

I called the Hawkeye ticket office today and within 2 minutes I had my point total. They like to have your account number to search for your points, but will work off your name without a problem. My point total is 157. I could have upgraded some time ago, but love my seats in the south endzone. More legroom; on the aisle; actually right about under the main scoreboard in section 115. I watch the entire game through binoculars, so end zone seats are really fun. In a perfect world, I would like to be a bit lower...since they moved the band to the south endzone, I got bumped up a little, mostly because I wanted to stay in my aisle seats. Good fans around me...have gotten acquainted with them over the years. I am at the Silver Hawk level. Thanks again for the info on where to access points.

Do you wear ear plugs? It's loud up there!

time ago, but love my seats in the south endzone. More legroom;

on the aisle; actually right .

On the aisle you say. We have some of the weakest bladdered people in Kinnick in our row. Do you have a lot of weak bladders in your row?

Every game some people go pee and get food 3 times in the first quarter. Ridiculous. I am old and I can make it through the whole game without going to the bathroom. Of course I dont drink beer until after the game because I was ingrained to the old bathrooms and even now where it takes 30 minutes to take a leak.

Well, it looks like I might have discovered what it takes to get football season tickets. I've had them for years through someone else, but I wanted to get them in my name. I asked them months ago what it would take and never got an answer. Then I asked if I donated 2k, would that get me tickets. The response was, "you would have a good chance but it's not guaranteed" So I didn't donate. I got the response below yesterday.

Hi Matt – I’ve been in touch with the Ticket Office – you have been issued two season tickets based on your intent to contribute at the Golden Hawk ($2,000 - $4,999) level as we discussed early in the year. Location of your seats will be determined after the June 30th deadline and will be done by priority points. You have until June 30th to make your gift but the earlier the better.

I guess this will take my priority points from 9 to 49. You get 1 point for each $100 you donate, plus I'd get the 20 points for being at the Golden Hawk Level... It's not cheap, but I'm okay with it. I have another pair of season tickets that I already bought from someone else that I may sell. They're in the South End Zone, section 216 row 7, on the aisle next to the stairway and the student section. A bit loud and roudy, just how I like it.

Well, it looks like I might have discovered what it takes to get football season tickets. I've had them for years through someone else, but I wanted to get them in my name. I asked them months ago what it would take and never got an answer. Then I asked if I donated 2k, would that get me tickets. The response was, "you would have a good chance but it's not guaranteed" So I didn't donate. I got the response below yesterday. Hi Matt � I�ve been in touch with the Ticket Office � you have been issued two season tickets based on your intent to contribute at the Golden Hawk ($2,000 - $4,999) level as we discussed early in the year. Location of your seats will be determined after the June 30th deadline and will be done by priority points. You have until June 30th to make your gift but the earlier the better. I guess this will take my priority points from 9 to 49. You get 1 point for each $100 you donate, plus I'd get the 20 points for being at the Golden Hawk Level... It's not cheap, but I'm okay with it. I have another pair of season tickets that I already bought from someone else that I may sell. They're in the South End Zone, section 216 row 7, on the aisle next to the stairway and the student section. A bit loud and roudy, just how I like it.

That is very interesting. Thanks for the info.

It seems like there are always questions and speculation as to what it takes to get Hawkeye football season tickets. If anyone is interested, please reply with your results for this year. Please list the following.

New ticket request or adding seats?
How many?
What donation section?
Priority points to date?
Annual donation (optional)?
Request approved or dened?
Other pertinent info.

Thanks for everyone's input in advance.

2 Season tickets since 2004
Gave $50 to I-Club first yr to get in the door.

Yeah, we have some weak bladders and some concession stand freaks in my row, but it is easier to just step out into the walkway when they come through; they always say, "sorry" and I always say, "hey, no problem." We get along fine.

As to the noise...it is really bad. I emailed and politely described my discomfort and received a response immediately. They are aware of the concerns from fans in the south endzone and are working on a solution. The responder said that the players want the music to be really loud...I get it, but wow, even during the game the announcing volume is pretty uncomfortable. They have adjusted some speakers to point directly to the field during warm ups so the players can get their wish...good idea. I will likely take some earplugs with me next season...I think that will make a big difference.

Latest posts