Tracking 2014 Class Offers

Dylan Thompson verbals to Ohio State. Defensive lineman from Jaleel Johnson's old school. Pretty sure he had an Iowa offer.

DE Elijah Lee from Blue Springs, MO verbals to Kansas State. No Iowa offer but we had been recruiting him pretty hard, and he plays a need position for us.

Iowa and Iowa State both offered Cedar Rapids Xavier TE Matt Nelson yesterday. He also has a Stanford offer and interest from Notre Dame.

Iowa and Iowa State both offered Cedar Rapids Xavier TE Matt Nelson yesterday. He also has a Stanford offer and interest from Notre Dame.

I like the looks of this kid. Very big kid at 6'-8" 240 lbs and has some athleticism. They have him also listed as DE but thats too tall, TE all the way.

Iowa's going to get burned waiting to offer nelson until someone else did. Iowa is hardly in a position where they can hold out on instate kids. No way they offer if Stanford didn't come with one. Nelson will probably say **** you to Iowa and I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Iowa's going to get burned waiting to offer nelson until someone else did. Iowa is hardly in a position where they can hold out on instate kids. No way they offer if Stanford didn't come with one. Nelson will probably say **** you to Iowa and I wouldn't blame him one bit.
I am sure he will sleep better knowing you won't blame him.
Can just one thread not turn into a whinefest?

Iowa offers in state offensive tackle Lucas LeGrand. Video/twitter/profile
But I thought we shouldn't offer people who have no other offers. Or is it we should always offer first? Or no, wait, Iowa shouldn't go for kids who have offers from big Schools like Bama and Oregon. Or is it we don't offer enough five star guys? I'm confused.

SMH. I'm not sure I'll ever understanding "committing" a year before signing day. I mean, I'm glad when it happens to Iowa, but there are so many decommits, it really is laughable at this point.

Totally agree. It's hard to get too excited about a kid giving a verbal, when we all know too well that he could jump ship whenever he wants.

What they really need is an early signing period for football, like they have in other sports. I can't believe that the overwhelming majority of football coaches wouldn't be in favor or something like that. I know that KF has mentioned it on several occasions.