Tracking 2012 Class Offers

You guys are right. They will be All-Americans. Iowa will have the best defense in football. I have seen the error of my ways.

You guys are right. They will be All-Americans. Iowa will have the best defense in football. I have seen the error of my ways.

you're an idiot.

What he said. The two guys are freshmen. Why would anyone assume they would never be good because they weren't playing?

Do we have to run down the list of players who didn't play as freshmen who ended up being good players? Especially offensive and defensive linemen.

I was hoping to find some actual news on recruits when I saw this in the recently updated...let down yet again...Wheres EJ?

I think that most of the guys that visited this weekend are big time recruits and have a lot of other visits. IMO it is kind of nice to still be in the hunt with guys like Diamond and Lambert. Guys like that normally don't commit early.

There is no evidence either way at this point which is why, as a fan, it's a little odd to just write off two freshmen like that.

There is ample evidence. This is the worst DL of the Ferentz era, at least since the 1999-2000 dark years and unquestionably the largest rotation of bodies that Iowa has EVER had at this position (9 players seeing regular action, including at least 1 freshman), and yet these guys are absolutely nowhere to be found.

This isn't like most years where if you're not in the top 4-5 guys, you sit on the bench. This year they are literally throwing anyone with a pulse out onto the field. Except those guys.

There is ample evidence. This is the worst DL of the Ferentz era, at least since the 1999-2000 dark years and unquestionably the largest rotation of bodies that Iowa has EVER had at this position (9 players seeing regular action, including at least 1 freshman), and yet these guys are absolutely nowhere to be found.

This isn't like most years where if you're not in the top 4-5 guys, you sit on the bench. This year they are literally throwing anyone with a pulse out onto the field. Except those guys.

In '06 Iowa rotated King, Kroul, Iwebema, Mattison, Ewen, Bain, Kanellis, and Geary on the DL.

In '03 Iowa rotated Roth, Hodges, Babineaux, Clauss, Neubauer, Luebke, Robinson and possibly others on the DL.

A common thread there is that injuries and/or a need to develop depth at the position provoked the coaches to institute such a rotation.

Similarly, if you look at this season ... we obviously need to develop depth. However, what's more, Nardo has been dinged ... Alvis was a bit nicked up coming into the season ... Davis wasn't even in the equation at the start of the season due to injury ... and Daniel has been nicked up too. Necessity has obviously mandated the approach ... and nobody is claiming that our guys on the DL are or will be all-Americans. However, that is not to say that the guys who comprise our 2012 DL won't make developmental strides between now and the '12 season.

Coming from a guy who took his screename from a serial killer, not sure that has quite the impact you might think it does.

He's a Notre Dame fan. He can't find his own board but he can find his hate speech mechanism every single day - which I guess is to be expected from a serial killer wannabe.

Last edited by a moderator:

How much did Klug play as a freshman?

Also, this d-line isn't worse than in 2005. I know we have short memories but that line was atrocious. They benefited from having two all americans cleaning things up behind them and they still couldn't stop people from gashing them.

I don't know if these two will ever play for Iowa or not. But I do know that I'm not counting out two freshmen because they haven't played, no matter what the depth chart looks like.

Can you guys shut up?

No ones cares about your little online e-thug fight.

That's great news about Greg Garmon. What other visits does he still have slated?

Latest posts