Tracking 2012 Class Offers

I have heard similar things like that also. You just have to take it with a grain of salt. I am pumped to see Spears at DE. If he can bring that hard hitting attitude to the DL he will be a good one.

According to an insider article on another site, Iowa offered a new in-state prospect this weekend. Its premium information; therefore, I don't know who it is yet, but it will be out there soon enough. The thumbnail (very small) picture included with the article stub shows a #56 (maybe a 55 or 58, but I think 56) for a team that wears red and white making a tackle (edit-after looking again, it might be a block), but that isn't helping me figure it out.

Edit #2-Thanks to Mick for figuring it out. It is Creston DE Collin Bevins.

Last edited:
What do we know about the Bevins kid? I see he is a commit, but is he solid?

I looked at his Twitter account, @Bevins18, and learned two things of interest:
1. He once Tweeted @ Adrian Clayborn "you're my idol. . .wanna be successful like 94!" Maybe Bevins is an Iowa fan?
2. He once Tweeted that he has a 7 foot wingspan.

I don't see this as a good sign for Faith E., Lohn, Clark, or even with Ott

My vibe is that it says more about how we're sitting with DE recruits. I'd say that we're due to pick up 2 DTs in this class ... and probably around 2 DEs too. Right now we have around 1 of each.

My vibe is that it says more about how we're sitting with DE recruits. I'd say that we're due to pick up 2 DTs in this class ... and probably around 2 DEs too. Right now we have around 1 of each.

I agree, that's what I meant. I think everyone had high hopes to get Lohn, Clark, or Faith at DE. However if we get Ott and Bevin, that means none of the others are on board.

I agree, that's what I meant. I think everyone had high hopes to get Lohn, Clark, or Faith at DE. However if we get Ott and Bevin, that means none of the others are on board.

It may mean that. It may mean they want to take more than just two more DL. It may mean they see moving one to the OL, or it may mean they were just waiting to see how Bevin looked this fall and had previously planned on offering him if he looked good regardless of how we stood with other DE. A lot of variables.

It may mean that. It may mean they want to take more than just two more DL. It may mean they see moving one to the OL, or it may mean they were just waiting to see how Bevin looked this fall and had previously planned on offering him if he looked good regardless of how we stood with other DE. A lot of variables.

It could also be that they are anticipating that they might lose Raymon.

But yeah, I could see them potentially trying to move a guy currently on the DL over to the OL ... just feeling that he's a better "fit" there. Or else maybe a guy or two just isn't developing on the DL as they'd hope.

Who knows ...

Another scenario is possible is that they've just re-evaluated the kid from his SR film and decided that he's on par with other guys on their board. Definitely a possibility ... thus, we shouldn't necessarily read into things too much.

Greg Mabin is visiting for the Northwestern game. Kid is fast and seems under the radar based off of offer list.

Greg Mabin - Yahoo! Sports

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipA0I_RC5Y]Greg Mabin (2012 WR) Junior Highlights - Elite Scouting - YouTube[/ame]

This may help explain the recent new offers to DE's.
by Brendan Stiles - Vier, Raymon facing medical issues Coach Kirk Ferentz said during his call-in show Wednesday that TE Austin Vier is taking a "medical redshirt" this year due to a severe back injury he had been dealing with, and that DE John Raymon hasn't been practicing due to undisclosed medical issues. Hawkeyes RapidReports
College Football News Updates - CBSSports.com RapidReports

Last edited:
This may help explain the recent new offers to DE's.
by Brendan Stiles - Vier, Raymon facing medical issues Coach Kirk Ferentz said during his call-in show Wednesday that TE Austin Vier is taking a "medical redshirt" this year due to a severe back injury he had been dealing with, and that DE John Raymon hasn't been practicing due to undisclosed medical issues. Hawkeyes RapidReports
College Football News Updates - CBSSports.com RapidReports
I thought I read that Vier was done completely due to back injury?