Tracking 2012 Class Offers

Could be waiting on Diamond (were in his solid top 2) and Kozan (who has been a Iowa favorite for awhile now).

4-star WR Canaan Severin committed to Virginia over BC and Penn Stat but Iowa had been in the top-5 before trimming his list in the last couple of weeks. The Hawkeyes have now missed on several of their higher profile WR prospects.

I just saw we landed Kyle fuller, is it true?

There have been conflicting reports. The original rumor was that he wanted to commit on Saturday but didn't because the coaches wanted him to wait (there's an insider article on Rivals about this, and I've heard that that is what it says). Contradicting that is Randy Rodgers of Rodgers Recruting. Rodgers is a long time Texas recruiting expert. On Tuesday he Tweeted this:

rodgersrecruit Randy Rodgers
working in Garland and Wylie today. didn't know Kyle Fuller, Wylie OT, had committed to Iowa. East's two junior receivers have offers

That makes it sound like Fuller has already committed it. There's no EJ tweet on this yet, so I wouldn't count him yet; however, it sounds like he is Iowa's if we want him.

Given Fuller not getting a written offer I'm guessing that we're looking good for Kozan given his very recent visit.

Lohn, if rumors are correct, has Stanford and us as his top 2.

Garmon, has us among his finalists but has yet to visit OSU.

Lambert, has us in his top 5 and has scheduled an official visit.

Diamond, doesn't sound close to committing anywhere but we're in his top group.

Faith E., has us scheduled for an official.

D.Smith, has us in his top group but doesn't cound close to commiting.

Those are the top names that have made some noise lately. Anyone hearing anything new on them or others?

Rivals has David Smith scheduling officials to Iowa and Boston College, along with one other school (not sure who).

They also have an article saying that Davenport Assumption safety Tim Kilfoy visited last Saturday. No offer yet but a classic Iowa safety prospect.

They also have us looking at WDM Valley senior OL Trevor Hanson.

Here is a highlight vid for Hanson

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wDa4R8BCaE[/ame]

On the QB front, it looks like we are looking hard at Eric Siebenshuh from Missouri and Michael Villapiano from New Jersey.

Last edited:
Thanks, would like to get Smith and Garmon. One will likely end up at WR or a position to be named later. I've thought that one of the biggest reasons Iowa hasn't been able to make the next step up is a lack of elite speed at the skill positions. So, those two guys could significantly help in that regard. Like Canzeri's potential, and hope with recruiting we can build on that. Depth being an even bigger part why we haven't been able to be a consistent (legitimate)conference contender and occasional MNC challenger. Like to see 2009 become more the norm than the exception.

Some updates made ... new offer out to a LB noted.

I continue to believe that Iowa will land a pretty darn nice class this year.

The fact that Iowa is playing 10 TR FR this year will likely excite players that much more concerning their chances of seeing the field early.

BTW ... given Iowa's WR production ... I anticipate that that will only help us in our WR recruiting this year (for obvious reasons).

I also think that our lack of depth at LB and RB could get some attention of folks too. I think that that fact will likely help us in recruiting those areas.

Lastly, I believe that the Hawks will legitimately be able to advertise early playing time on the DL (assuming that a guy is ready and able to take advantage of such an opportunity). To that end, I think that Iowa will land some really good guys to complement J. Johnson and Ott! I expect a strong DL recruiting class this year!

Darbough is the big fish, but this is also a big deal to future recruits in future years, you don't just change over night for a couple games, it as to be done over a period of games to show that you have really changed

Way to be positive homer, but haven't they already whiffed on a lot of guys at these positions?

LOL! By this time in the recruiting season, we usually whiff on nearly ALL of our top candidates. The fact that we're still in the running for guys who were on our board early ... that's a good thing.

If I could have my wish ... I'd love for us to land Darboh and Franklin ... a tremendous duo to complement Wilson!

Latest posts