Tracking 2012 Class Offers

Malin Jones is actually a buddy of mine. We were in the same classes a bunch throughout the years. I would say he is probably a pretty solid verbal with Northwestern. He always took his school seriously and values education. That and he is very close with his family, and he wants them to be able to attend all the games easily. I'd be shocked to see him go somewhere else. I haven't talked to him for awhile, but will get in touch with him and see what he's feeling

Offered player. 2012 is actually going to be a hell of a year for the state of iowa in skill positions. Also in BBall too.
Yeah, I understood it was only offered players. I guess I kinda thought that there would be more offers out if the talent was that strong.

Ok, so we're recruiting the Robbie Bain kid, the brother of Ryan Bain. Do you think that his brother not working out from before will have an effect on him eliminating us?

Malin Jones is actually a buddy of mine. We were in the same classes a bunch throughout the years. I would say he is probably a pretty solid verbal with Northwestern. He always took his school seriously and values education. That and he is very close with his family, and he wants them to be able to attend all the games easily. I'd be shocked to see him go somewhere else. I haven't talked to him for awhile, but will get in touch with him and see what he's feeling

Very good school for the young man to go to. Good for him to stick to his guns.

Dan Voltz - OG out of Chicago area also reported attending Junior Day in IC and having an offer from the Hawks.......4 star.

Ok, so we're recruiting the Robbie Bain kid, the brother of Ryan Bain. Do you think that his brother not working out from before will have an effect on him eliminating us?

Didn't he transfer after Ferentz refused to guarantee his father a starting spot? I'm not sure that's the type of kid/parent we want but the coaches certainly know better than me.

Add WR Jordan Westerkamp from Montini Catholic HS in Lombard, Illinois to the list. Coach Ferentz was at his school and offered today.

Last edited:
Another issue is that the father probably knows that by getting attention from Iowa ... the implication is that other big offers could very well end up being forthcoming too.

Another issue is that the father probably knows that by getting attention from Iowa ... the implication is that other big offers could very well end up being forthcoming too.

we all know that means Wisky will be calling soon, if they haven't already.

Question for folks out there ...

... is Ondre Pipkins (MO), a big DT prospect that we're recruiting, related at all to the former Hawk letterwinner, James Pipkins (a DB in '87 and '88)?

Latest posts