Tracking 2011 class offers

Looks like Showers is not too high on Iowa...sucks. Via scout.com

“I’d say Florida, Michigan, Michigan State and Northwestern hold the top spots right now,” said Michigan cornerback Valdez Showers. “I don’t have a solid leader right though. A lot of people are wanting me to stay in-state. I was at the grocery store the other day and some guy I didn’t even know walks up to me and says ‘Michigan, not Michigan State.’ I couldn’t believe it..."

Yeah, I was disappointed about the news regarding Showers, but not entirely surprised. Michigan State has really done a great job of stepping up it's recruiting game and exploiting "issues" at Michigan.

Regardless, I'm very high on Carter and Kirby ... and I sincerely hope that we land them both.

On a different front, I've moved Armstead Williams over to ATH. From what I've heard, it sounds like Iowa might actually be recruiting him at WR. Interesting ... very interesting!

Looks like Kirby has Florida and Maryland at High and Iowa at Medium via Scout...did he name his top two lately or something?

Hopefully Auburn doesn't offer Daniel...

Last edited:
Homer, thanks for all the hard work you put into this thread. This is by far the best thread on here. I read it everyday. Perhaps Jon will make you his recruiting guru for this site. Your analysis on recruiting and all other aspects of Hawkeye football are right on. I hope you consider writing for this site as it appears Jon is looking for a contributor.

Keep up the great work!!!

Looks like Kirby has Florida and Maryland at High and Iowa at Medium via Scout...did he name his top two lately or something?

ISUhawk -

That seems to be newer ... at least around 2 weeks old. He seems to have hinted that Florida and Maryland are at the top. I don't think that Iowa is necessarily out of it though ...

Last edited:

A good poster on the rivals board is indicated that Iowa is definitely still in the mix for Kirby (and Williams). Of course, that assumes that his source is good.

I still have hope!

As for hoping Auburn doesn't offer Armonze ... I don't know about that. If it is a dream school of his, I hope he gets a shot there. However, if they don't offer and he decides to become a Hawk, I hope he throws himself 100% into being a Hawk.

Homer........Does this business with BW cause for dramatic strategic change for our recruiting in your eyes? Do we need to put full court press on a couple RBs or you thinkin were ok?

Homer........Does this business with BW cause for dramatic strategic change for our recruiting in your eyes? Do we need to put full court press on a couple RBs or you thinkin were ok?

No ... no strategic change. The coaches were still probably shooting to land 2 RBs in this class ... I anticipate that they'll be sticking to their guns there.

Darn it ... Graham Stewart to Boston College. He's a quality LB too.

Of course, we do have some other quality LBs committed ... and we're VERY high up on the list of a few others. However, all the same, Stewart had spoken before about visiting Iowa. I can only hope that it's a sign that Iowa might be nabbing a commit from another quality LB pretty soon ...

Last edited:
With Gray leaving the team, does that mean another LB recruit this year, or are we already set there, and have an ATH that would make the LB switch.

With Gray leaving the team, does that mean another LB recruit this year, or are we already set there, and have an ATH that would make the LB switch.

I anticipate that we were already intending on loading up on a number of quality LBs. Thus, I'm not certain that the coaches will necessarily use it as a reason to recruit an extra one. In particular, I anticipate that they were probably already looking at recruiting 3 or 4 LB-types. Thus, that means that we're probably still looking to land 1 or 2 more LB types. Of course, I look for the coaches to also consider "versatile" guys who might project at LB too .... maybe like decent sized safeties who could grow into LBs.

I anticipate that we were already intending on loading up on a number of quality LBs. Thus, I'm not certain that the coaches will necessarily use it as a reason to recruit an extra one. In particular, I anticipate that they were probably already looking at recruiting 3 or 4 LB-types. Thus, that means that we're probably still looking to land 1 or 2 more LB types. Of course, I look for the coaches to also consider "versatile" guys who might project at LB too .... maybe like decent sized safeties who could grow into LBs.
A.KA-Armstead.

Lol where the heck have I been- When did Gray leave?! I hate it when work gets in the way of my message board!

Latest posts