Toughness

Get excited and enjoy, but don't overdo it, this is Iowa you know :)

oh no, we can't have nice things and my heart is going to ripped out while still beating. I know all that, I've been black and gold for 40 years. I don't even have higher expectations this season than just making the dance. That was my goal at the start of the year and I am not going to change the target half way in. Anything on top of that is cherry.

I'm very curious as to why Garza got T'd up. Anybody know what was said? Hawks are growing up this season. Last year they definitely would of lost this game. Not taking any crap off anybody this year! I'm enjoying watching this team a whole lot this year! Still don't know how Garza got that shot off let alone making it!

I'm very curious as to why Garza got T'd up. Anybody know what was said? Hawks are growing up this season. Last year they definitely would of lost this game. Not taking any crap off anybody this year! I'm enjoying watching this team a whole lot this year! Still don't know how Garza got that shot off let alone making it!

Posted this in the game thread last night ...

You need to adjust your mouth to the officiating. It isn't that complicated.

I agree, if he said it, I don't have an issue with the T. It was probably deserved. That said, I love it. I love trash talking, I love poor sports and the never stop, never give up attitudes this team has displayed this season. "That wasn't a foul!" "That's out of bounds on them". "They can't guard me" - be fucking snobs, but be winners. Show emotion, play like your heads on fire and show me you care. It's been missing from Iowa for a long time.

I agree, if he said it, I don't have an issue with the T. It was probably deserved. That said, I love it. I love trash talking, I love poor sports and the never stop, never give up attitudes this team has displayed this season. "That wasn't a foul!" "That's out of bounds on them". "They can't guard me" - be fucking snobs, but be winners. Show emotion, play like your heads on fire and show me you care. It's been missing from Iowa for a long time.
I prefer teams that are so confident and win so often, they become "silent killers," quietly taking care of their prey.

Celebrate the championships.

I prefer teams that are so confident and win so often, they become "silent killers," quietly taking care of their prey.

Celebrate the championships.

I wouldn't give a crap if we won a championship with a bunch of trash talkers.....just win us a championship!

upload_2019-1-17_12-0-44.png

Rob's Photo says it all.....

They trashed talked and dissed us at Carver last season the entire game and the refs did Nothing, even after Ryan was smashed so hard he had a concussion. He was the only Hawk really fighting back. We have a lot of pride this season and are playing very tough. I don't blame Luka for making a verbal statement at all.....

Ryan was very inspired last night and he responded quite nicely.....

:cool:

That would be much better than not winning anything!

I'd love to have a team full of Weiskamps but that's not practical. Basketball can be a very intense, physical, and emotional game. I don't have a problem with some of the players expressing themselves on the court.

Now that we got all this good feelers out of the way, I am ready for IL on Sunday. My biggest question at this point is where are TK and Lightning1 today? Do they take some decompression time away from the board much like a lot of posters do right after an Iowa loss? I am just curious as to how that works? I miss them both .... hard.

Sorry to derail the thread - but Dean lately always has me thinking of "da haters" - back to the OP - this team is definitely tough. You know how you get tough? By getting your ass handed to ya. Failure is part of the growth pattern. It toughens you up. You learn from mistakes and it comes with maturity. There is no lack toughness on this team and they seem to understand that in order to belong, they are going to have to fight and scratch their way to get to it. I enjoy teams like that.

What's the old adage? "Good advice comes from a lifetime of bad decisions"?

Latest posts