Tory Miller

Obviously that would be a huge get. He is at Marquette now, and is said to be a Colorado lean, but Marquette's Buzz Williams is a hell of a recruiter.

If Fran can land him, then you are looking at a pretty fine class after all.

He seems to create fear around the basket, and it would be nice to have a player who puts the opponent on the floor for daring to attempt to stop his attack.....

:rolleyes:

marquette and the clowns have both offered 6'10" travon bunch -- who looks like he might mu's first choice. don't know if he's visited, though. miller may have moved up on their chart.

miller will probably make up his mind in the next two week -- colorado, iowa, marquette seem to be his final three. he visited arizona state over a month ago, and so far no visit to miami.

he'd be a huge get. fran has taken over his recruitment and it looks like he's all in on miller.

I hope Fran has taken over on this guy. Miller is a PF that Iowa has been targeting for a long time, Iowa was on him for the 2013 class until he reclassified. Miller is a player that has had national rankings during his HS career. Iowa got familiar with him while recruiting David Kravish, his original HS teammate, who ended up at California.

6'8" bruiser, yeah, he wouldn't be a bad guy on the roster, something Iowa has sorely lacked for about a decade.

I think it is a slim chance we get him, but what the heck do I know? I said the same thing about Uhl.

When is he set to make his decision and what are our chances at landing him? After watching some videos on him I'd be excited for the Hawks to land him. We haven't had a bruising PF in awhile.

Coaches Corner interview with Lee Summit Student H S Tory Miller - YouTube

I do think Jarryd Cole was a bruising PF but without Miller's skill level.

Interesting things I found out in this vid about Miller. He's recovering from an ACL injury. So lots of upside. Also, he's interested in Sports Medicine (3'25" mark) or coaching. Iowa Sports Medicine has got to look good to someone recovering from injury and for pursuing medicine. Fran has got to look good as a coaching mentor as well. This makes me feel slightly better about our chances with him.

mariel shaylock is supposed to commit this week -- probably marquette

that would leave mu full up -- unless they let malek harris go. he's been suspended (apparently drug/alcohol) from his hs team for the year.

if shaylock commits to mu and they keep harris, or bunch commits, then it's a two school race for miller with colorado.

no, we would not want harris. the word is the staff doesn't want to make panic signings just to fill out the class, and panic signing means kids who are a character risk or borderline talents (which may move them away from nzei -- he does a couple of things really well, but has a pretty raw skill set overall).

harris can team up with anthony tucker on the rec team kingsbury coaches

Does anyone on here have any idea if Miller plans on announcing soon? I know he visited the same weekend Ellingson and Uhl did..and whatever they saw or heard, they liked. Hopefully Miller had the same feel because he would really make this class a good one. I'm hoping for some more surprising good news soon

If we could land him this would be a very good class. Especially when everyone was so down on it after losing out on Ulis. Could you imagine if Kentucky wouldn't have lost out on their 1st choice of PG and we landed Ulis? The class hypothetically could've been:

PG Tyler Ulis
SG Brady Ellingson
SF Dominique Uhl
PF Tory Miller

Fran barely missed out on a great class. It still could be very good. Is it basketball season yet?

If we could land him this would be a very good class. Especially when everyone was so down on it after losing out on Ulis. Could you imagine if Kentucky wouldn't have lost out on their 1st choice of PG and we landed Ulis? The class hypothetically could've been:

PG Tyler Ulis
SG Brady Ellingson
SF Dominique Uhl
PF Tory Miller

Fran barely missed out on a great class. It still could be very good. Is it basketball season yet?
I know I'm gonna get some flames for this, but so be it.

I'm not ready to completely give up on Tyler Ulis just yet. As of 1 month ago (AFTER Ulis committed to Kentucky) Calipari visited Tyus Jones. Now .. I realize there's probably less than a 1% chance of any of this going down, but what if Jones commits to Kentucky. Is Ulis going to take that or will 're-open' his recruitment?

Like I said .. .. HIGHLY unlikely .. but we got Dom Uhl and everybody thought we were an after thought. As Judy Tenuta likes to say .. .. 'It Could Happen!!'

GO HAWKS!!!

Blue, I have been thinking along the same lines. Hopefully Fran has not stopped recruiting Ulis, Iowa needs his skills a lot more than Kentucky does and if Calipari does land Jones I wonder if Ulis does not give Iowa another look.

Calipari is still after Jones and Aussie PG Dante Exum (who is a stud). Ulis gonna get that pine time.

Miller blurb from Zagoria Tory Miller Could Decide Soon | ZagsBlog.com

Ideally, Shaylok commits before Miller. Miller wasn't crazed about IC from his interviews. He seems to like Milwaukee and the Marquette guys.

Shaylok, be a Warrior before Friday, ok?

Calipari is still after Jones and Aussie PG Dante Exum (who is a stud). Ulis gonna get that pine time.

Miller blurb from Zagoria Tory Miller Could Decide Soon | ZagsBlog.com

Ideally, Shaylok commits before Miller. Miller wasn't crazed about IC from his interviews. He seems to like Milwaukee and the Marquette guys.

Shaylok, be a Warrior before Friday, ok?

The city, the facilities, the coaches, or a mix? If he wants the bright lights of Milwaukee then perhaps he is not the kind recruit Fran wants at Iowa. I cannot imagine the facilities being inferior to Marquette.

I have had the same thoughts on Ulis as others. I keep looking to see if Tyus Jones has decided yet. Tyus Jones visited UK on 9/28 and his last scheduled visit is to Duke on 10/26. I think he ends up at Duke, but man a guy can hope he goes to UK. Another one I have to wonder on is Emmanuel Muiday. Will he really keep his commitment to SMU? Perhaps Cal swoops in there as well. I have no idea.

I know I'm gonna get some flames for this, but so be it.

I'm not ready to completely give up on Tyler Ulis just yet. As of 1 month ago (AFTER Ulis committed to Kentucky) Calipari visited Tyus Jones. Now .. I realize there's probably less than a 1% chance of any of this going down, but what if Jones commits to Kentucky. Is Ulis going to take that or will 're-open' his recruitment?

Like I said .. .. HIGHLY unlikely .. but we got Dom Uhl and everybody thought we were an after thought. As Judy Tenuta likes to say .. .. 'It Could Happen!!'

GO HAWKS!!!

Jones canceled his UK official visit and speculation is that they have been eliminated.

The city, the facilities, the coaches, or a mix? If he wants the bright lights of Milwaukee then perhaps he is not the kind recruit Fran wants at Iowa. I cannot imagine the facilities being inferior to Marquette.

MU has had a great run of success the last 3-4 years...they were Elite Eight last year. This is probably the #1 challenge for Fran...to out-recruit a program that successful. MU plays in an NBA arena, and has a great practice facility. They spend in the top 5 for BB at MU....BB is king at MU. Buzz Williams is a great recruiter of urban players...black players. He plays a fast style,like Iowa, but with a team that is all-black...making MU a comfortable choice for urban black players. I fear whenever Iowa goes against MU (which has happened a lot this year with Harris, Cohen, Miller and Ed Morrow of 2015 class) we will come up short usually. Just too much buzz for Buzz at MU....wish he would go back to Texas and take the UT job after they fire their coach.

Winning changes almost everything on the recruiting landscape. Is Iowa always going to have to overcome a little bit of anti-rural bias when they go recruiting outside of the Midwest? Sure, in some cases. The fact will always remain that some people who've never been through this part of the country will have stereotypic assumptions about what Iowa is like. But that's true of any city in Kentucky as well. If Fran can build the program to the level of a Big Ten contender more often than not, recruits will listen more often than not. The higher the program rises, the harder they'll listen. Despite the pretty remarkable imporvement under Fran in a relatively short time, no one REALLY views Iowa as a winner yet. Until we can roll up some signature wins under the current staff we'll keep getting a lot of "I really like them, but...". This is the year that Iowa has to knock some of the big boys off the perch to take the step from "I really like them" to "I want to play for them".

Latest posts