torrey campbell commits to iowa

"What if someone with whom you worked took everything you completed then presented it as her/his own?"

That is what my boss does every day.

This is plagiarism. Plagiarism is a form of lying and a form of theft. It is a problem. It's a big problem that worsens every day.

What if someone with whom you worked took everything you completed then presented it as her/his own?

Someone took the time to write something, it is hers or his. Respect the time and effort that person took to complete a task that might be a part of his or her job.

According to this thread, as it appears, you wrote what you copied and pasted. You didn't; you plagiarized.

Next time, quote it.

Really? Just how many people here have anything to gain by "plagiarism"? We don't get paid for our posts, nor do we get graded for them. We are merely passing information from one another. If we were talking face to face, would I be expected to cite my source to you? Of course not. He wasn't claiming it as his own, nor does he stand to gain anything (except for maybe rep points, and what are those worth in the real world?) by copying and pasting it. He's merely getting the info out there.