torrey campbell commits to iowa

I watch the entire video above and not once did I see this kid catch a pass.
Looks like a real talent though glad to have him aboard.

Doesn't look super fast or quick from that video but I really like his running style. Always going forward, good balance, sees the hole and makes one sharp, decisive cut.
Doesn't look very fast???? every play Torrey out runs the other team. Torrey got second in 3A track in Florida this kid is a burner.

The real question is: does he qualify as SEC type speed? (sarc). Terrific pick up for the Hawks! Very exciting news!

haha those SEC dbags can't say anything about this one since he has offers from georgia and tennessee :) go hawks! welcome torrey!

In a combine that numbered close to 850 players, it wasn't easy picking the top seven overall prospects. Based on both combine performance and college potential, here's our look at the RISE 7 from Saturday's Nike Combine in Miami.

Anytime you run the fastest 40-yard dash at a talent-loaded combine like Miami, you are going to turn some heads. In Torrey Campbell's case, it will only add to an already loaded resume by blazing a 4.41 40-yard dash. Cousin of NFL great Edgerrin James

Doesn't look very fast???? every play Torrey out runs the other team. Torrey got second in 3A track in Florida this kid is a burner.

Man, I thought this was a fairly innocuous observation amid several other positive comments.

I put the "doesn't look super fast" comment in there because it doesn't look like he's the fastest running back in the world, and he got caught from behind several times in that video. That doesn't make him slow, in fact, he is a fast runner, and compared to the entirety of humanity he's very, very fast -- but there are other running backs out there that are faster.

But this is besides the point, as I think he is a good recruit and that was what I was trying to say, no matter what way I was later interpreted to mean. In context, I think he looks about as fast as Amari Spievey, who turned out to have a pretty good career at DB.

In a combine that numbered close to 850 players, it wasn't easy picking the top seven overall prospects. Based on both combine performance and college potential, here's our look at the RISE 7 from Saturday's Nike Combine in Miami.

Anytime you run the fastest 40-yard dash at a talent-loaded combine like Miami, you are going to turn some heads. In Torrey Campbell's case, it will only add to an already loaded resume by blazing a 4.41 40-yard dash. Cousin of NFL great Edgerrin James

In case we can't click on a link?

Yes I know...someone wrote everything from that for his post. I was confused why this was done

I copied and pasted it because there were many posts about his speed and that pretty much summed it up. Are you the Posting Police or wtf?

Last edited:
Of relevant interest to the Cyclone Nation: how does Torrey feel about the dorms at Iowa and of Iowa City's support of the Hawkeyes? How does everything about Iowa compare in his eyes to Boston College, Tennessee, Maryland, and WVU?

Okay, the last time it didn't work out as well as expected, but I hope this QB Jake can make sure guys like Campbell stick with Iowa and maybe bring some more Floridians. With his 40 time at the rivals camp, reasonable possibility he gets an upgrade, which means darn good chance there are going to be some new folks knocking at his door.

We need Jake to have an awesome year and lead the way in solidifying the Florida class.

Okay, the last time it didn't work out as well as expected, but I hope this QB Jake can make sure guys like Campbell stick with Iowa and maybe bring some more Floridians. With his 40 time at the rivals camp, reasonable possibility he gets an upgrade, which means darn good chance there are going to be some new folks knocking at his door.

We need Jake to have an awesome year and lead the way in solidifying the Florida class.

"Floridians" aren't that important. Come late November, most of them are probably thinking, "what the hell!"

Yes I know...someone wrote everything from that for his post. I was confused why this was done

Because some people can't click on links at work
Because it was a summary of the article and the view on his speed

Find something better to do.

Should recruit some of their lineman. Several of those runs he was untouched until he got into the secondary.

Yes, he is going to be a DB without a doubt.
He might see some time on O. This kid had a load of offers, and I think all of them wanted him at CB. Iowa could have gotten a nod by giving him the option to pick his position. This is all just random conspiracy theory, but most of this thread is that.

Latest posts