Top 100 no Mcnutt

Hawkfnntn

I can't get the link to work but NFL.coms Gil Brandt has this list up. Is Mcnutt really behind Brian Quick and A.J. Jenkins. There are like 3 or 4 other WRs and a TE I've never heard of on that list. Is Mcnutt falling? I thought he had a good pro day. If he does fall below the 3rd round some team is going to get a heck of a player.

Speed is the issue. Quick and Jenkins ran faster. I am fine with Marvin dropping to the late 3rd or 4th so the Bears can grab him.

Speed is the issue. Quick and Jenkins ran faster. I am fine with Marvin dropping to the late 3rd or 4th so the Bears can grab him.

LOL the Bears are not going to draft McNutt! They don't need a receiver, and I don't think McNutt is better than anyone on their roster right now.

The Bears will be drafting a receiver. They have lost Roy Williams,Sam the Drug Kingpin who is under indictment,Johnny Knox is not likely to play with no spine, among others.
They picked up Brandon Marshall,but are looking for more receivers.
They have part-time receiver Devin Hester, Earl Bennett,and that is about it.
McNutt is better than Hester,and an NFL team needs more than 2 fulltime WR's.

LOL the Bears are not going to draft McNutt! They don't need a receiver, and I don't think McNutt is better than anyone on their roster right now.

images

You were saying?

There are alot of fast receivers that havn't done squat in the NFL. Look at the Raiders roster. I thought he ran fast enough at combine and pro day that with his size he'd be what alot of teams are looking for. With the speed of secondaries now it's hard to create separation. Size arms and good hands should be winning out. Route running and getting in and out of breaks is also more important then just pure speed. There aren't very many Mike Wallace's out there. Mcnutt's coming from a pro style team with route concepts. I think his upside is pretty big.

I wonder if some of the drops Mcnutt had might be holding him back. It seemed like for every circus catch he made he'd have a head scratching drop. I don't think he dropped a ton of em but enough that might have raised eyebrows.

I would love to see the Packers pick him up. He could learn for a season, get some reps and take over for Driver. They have Jordie Nelson who is a big receiver and use Finley like a receiver, but would love to see McNutt there to be a Big/phsyical reciever that Jennings, Jones, Cobb, and Driver aren't.

To say the Bears dont need a WR is like saying the Saints dont need a HC, or the Broncos were solid at QB...... Brandon Marshall hasnt played a down for Chicago and he could come in there and be useless. I see no way Knox plays this year perhaps ever again. Hester is explosive but hardly a 1 or 2 WR. Bennett missed a lot of time last year and hes slower then McNutt. Marvin would be great pick. He would have a chance to play a role playing role right away. He would be a monster target in the red zone for Cutler. He may not be bad fast but thats not the skill set he needs most. He has to show he can make the routine catch and do it in the end zone. To the OP, I wouldnt worry to much about Brandts top 100 I dont think even he takes into account all the things teams think about when considering players and he is just going off straight up numbers. McNutt showed a lot making the switch from QB to WR he can learn new things and is a team player. Thats going to help him in the long run.

The Bears have Marshall and Bennett as a solid 1-2. They signed Eric Weems, which indicates they either want him to play receiver, or they want Hester to focus on receiver more. They also have Knox expected back in October, and Sanzenbacher, who Lovie has always loved for some reason. Add to the mix that they signed Devin Thomas in the off season as well.

What does this mean to me? The Bears are drafting Defense this year, with a little o line to spice it up. Unless Michael Floyd lands in their lap, they won't be drafting a WR.

Book it son!

To say the Bears dont need a WR is like saying the Saints dont need a HC, or the Broncos were solid at QB...... Brandon Marshall hasnt played a down for Chicago and he could come in there and be useless. I see no way Knox plays this year perhaps ever again. Hester is explosive but hardly a 1 or 2 WR. Bennett missed a lot of time last year and hes slower then McNutt. Marvin would be great pick. He would have a chance to play a role playing role right away. He would be a monster target in the red zone for Cutler. He may not be bad fast but thats not the skill set he needs most. He has to show he can make the routine catch and do it in the end zone. To the OP, I wouldnt worry to much about Brandts top 100 I dont think even he takes into account all the things teams think about when considering players and he is just going off straight up numbers. McNutt showed a lot making the switch from QB to WR he can learn new things and is a team player. Thats going to help him in the long run.

I agree even the writers of those articles know that's sure not how they get drafted. A team will fall in love with McNutt and It'll be a team like the Bears, Miami or even the 49ers... I'm leaning towards Miami because of obvious KOK tie and they have ALOT of needs so their first few rounds will be to attempt shoring up other spots. They could possibly snag Mcnutt in later rounds. Bears and Niners might address the WR spot sooner in draft with the higher ranked ones.

Latest posts