Top 10 Positives Going in to ISU game

The biggest positive for me is that the D looks to be pretty strong. They've yet to play against quality competition, but they seem to be playing hard and smart while tackling well and getting to the ball. That is the real need for a team that is still figuring it out offensively. As someone said earlier, once our running game (RB situation) improves, this team could start playing at a very high level.

Also, I feel like some fans think there is a legit QB controversy (or at least there was before the last 3 minutes of the Ball State game). Rudock still needs to show that he can play at a high level and lead the offense to really score points. But he has shown us flashes and it appears that he's not going to turn the ball over. He needs to relax and become more confident in his downfield options. But the fact that he's so frustratingly comfortable with hitting check-downs isn't the worst thing in the world. We have decent athletes and if he gets them the ball on short routes we have a chance.

I know the 3 yard routes are annoying, but at least he's not turning the ball over. If the hawks can start utilizing the tight ends more and the RBs less in the short passing game, things will start moving. All in all, our defense looks solid, special teams need to be solid, and the offense should be in favorable field position more often than not. If they can run the ball on 1st down for 4-6 yards with any number of different backs, we'll be set. And our OL should be capable of this

This isn't a knock.... but it's kind of hard to believe that as good as King has been, I don't believe he has even 1 INT.
Sometimes the guys with more interceptions tend to be the ones that get burned badly a few times per game, on double moves for example.

11. With our lucky wins against mediocre teams, and ISU's narrow losses against much better competition, it's obvious that ISU will be overconfident coming into this game.

Latest posts