Top 10 most under rated Hawkeye Bball players in history

The conversation begins and ends with Don Nelson. The dude's in the NBA HOF, is the all time winningest coach in NBA history, and doesn't even have his fricken number retired.

I have been tempted to ask Nels if there was some kind of problem between himself and Iowa after his playing days, but have never brought it up. There must be something. Not having his number retired makes no sense.

I won't provide my top 10 either.

LOL that is funny.

Val Barnes (all time
Jacob Jakes
James Winters
Kenyon Murray
Jeff Horner
Andre Woolridge
Jared Reiner
Devan Bawinkel
Kevin Smith
Erek Hanson

Each of these players in my opinion were under rated and or snubbed in season for the talent they had. I also based this on how they affected the team when playing. I could cycle some in and out but this was close to the first list I put together. Val Barnes is my top but is also one of my favorite players beside Jeff Moe that I thought should have more respect.

I have been tempted to ask Nels if there was some kind of problem between himself and Iowa after his playing days, but have never brought it up. There must be something. Not having his number retired makes no sense.

I caught a Timberwolves game when he was visiting as coach of Golden State a few years back. Dude looked like death warmed over. He doesn't look like he turns down too many free drinks thats for sure.

LOL that is funny.

Val Barnes (all time
Jacob Jakes
James Winters
Kenyon Murray
Jeff Horner
Andre Woolridge
Jared Reiner
Devan Bawinkel
Kevin Smith
Erek Hanson

Each of these players in my opinion were under rated and or snubbed in season for the talent they had. I also based this on how they affected the team when playing. I could cycle some in and out but this was close to the first list I put together. Val Barnes is my top but is also one of my favorite players beside Jeff Moe that I thought should have more respect.

My only beef with that list may be Erek Hansen simply because he was the B10 DPOY in 2006. Of course, Horner was also B10 tourney MVP that year.

My only beef with that list may be Erek Hansen simply because he was the B10 DPOY in 2006. Of course, Horner was also B10 tourney MVP that year.

Yeah, like I said, this list is a bit more difficult. I almost added Russ Millard and even can argue Brunner even though he tops some lists and the conference might not have agreed, I still felt like he was under rated due to his size.

LOL that is funny.

Val Barnes (all time
Jacob Jakes
James Winters
Kenyon Murray
Jeff Horner
Andre Woolridge
Jared Reiner
Devan Bawinkel
Kevin Smith
Erek Hanson

You're kidding, right? The guy who barely averaged 3pts/game, was a liability on defense and couldn't rebound?

Remember that one time, when Woolridge led the B10 in scoring AND assists...and got jobbed out of the B10POY because Clem lobbied for Bobby Jackson to get it?

Yeah, that was dumb.
And then Bobby Jackson had to relinquish it because of the MN scandel anyway... wasted trophy.

Remember that one time, when Woolridge led the B10 in scoring AND assists...and got jobbed out of the B10POY because Clem lobbied for Bobby Jackson to get it?

Yeah, that was dumb.
Yes I do. that's the stuff. Under rated by the media!

Also, missed Duez Henderson, he does probably need to be on a list somewhere.

Latest posts