Tony Perkins Puts Hawkeyes on Top After Official Visit, Then Commits

Tony's team is ranked #1 in the state of Indiana. They are currently 9-0. I'm having trouble finding individual statistics but it looks like Perkins is their high scorer most of the time.

Not to be outdone by Ulis, Perkins put together back to back 24 point performances in two wins this weekend to continue his strong season.

I'm thinking Franny is sick and tired of hearing he can't recruit point guards! Looks like another gem.
Well, he hasn't had much success at getting elite PGs to come to play for him, yet. Hopefully it is improving, which it just might be!

Dude has hops and plays aggressive. Runs the floor hard. Fran will love him he'll fit right in to his style. Can't say I've seen him shoot outside much. If he can do that at all then heck yeah bring him on

I have a feeling one or more of these freshman are going to play next year simply because they are too good to keep off the floor.
Unless someone transfers or Wieskamp leaves early the rotation will already be about 10 guys with only returning players. Not a lot of minutes available for a true freshman backcourt player barring injuries.

JBo, Connor, JoeT and CJ probably eat up all 80 minutes at the 1 and 2. Wieskamp will get 30 at the 3. PMac if healthy fits best at the 3 and I see him getting the remaining 10 at the 3. Nunge and Garza will get around 60 at the 4 and 5 positions. If Pemsl returns then he will get 10 MPG at the 4-5. That leaves 10 MPG to either also go to PMac or we play small as we have most of this year and have Connor play the 4 in short spurts.

If Pemsl transfers then that opens up more minutes at the 4 and 5 which could either go to the Murrays or Ogundale. Or we play small more often. I don't foresee PMac being able to handle much more than 15 MPG since he still has problems being able to even practice consistently. If he still isnt healthy they I could see Perkins getting some minutes next year. I also do think that Joe T could end up being more of a 10 MPG guy next year if he doesn't improve getting out of control.

The more I think about it the more I think that there is potential for either Perkins or Ulis to have a role playing 5 or 10 MPG most nights. But the leash would be short for both if they struggle. But I dont see a 13 man rotation for next year.

Unless someone transfers or Wieskamp leaves early the rotation will already be about 10 guys with only returning players. Not a lot of minutes available for a true freshman backcourt player barring injuries.

JBo, Connor, JoeT and CJ probably eat up all 80 minutes at the 1 and 2. Wieskamp will get 30 at the 3. PMac if healthy fits best at the 3 and I see him getting the remaining 10 at the 3. Nunge and Garza will get around 60 at the 4 and 5 positions. If Pemsl returns then he will get 10 MPG at the 4-5. That leaves 10 MPG to either also go to PMac or we play small as we have most of this year and have Connor play the 4 in short spurts.

If Pemsl transfers then that opens up more minutes at the 4 and 5 which could either go to the Murrays or Ogundale. Or we play small more often. I don't foresee PMac being able to handle much more than 15 MPG since he still has problems being able to even practice consistently. If he still isnt healthy they I could see Perkins getting some minutes next year. I also do think that Joe T could end up being more of a 10 MPG guy next year if he doesn't improve getting out of control.

The more I think about it the more I think that there is potential for either Perkins or Ulis to have a role playing 5 or 10 MPG most nights. But the leash would be short for both if they struggle. But I dont see a 13 man rotation for next year.

Assuming everyone comes back, this is how I see it shaking out:

PG - JBO; 28 mins
SG - CJF; 30 mins
SF - JW; 30 mins
PF - CM; 27 mins
C - LG; 31 mins

Nunge - 15 mins
JT - 15 mins
Pemsl - 12 mins
Perkins - 12 mins

Total - 200 mins

I don't think PMAC plays a game in an Iowa uniform again....just my guy feeling. I think Uhlis redshirts with JBO and JT both getting the PG minutes. And I think the Murray brothers and Ogundele also redshirt.

Where has it been said that Pmac has troubles practicing consistently?

Ive seen him suited up in pretty much every practice and shoot around pictures and videos posted by Iowa basketball. I’ve also seen videos and pictures of him shooting around before & after several games.

If you have verification of that or it has been said by someone that would be interesting. Right now it’s just all speculation.

It’s quite possible that Pat had a complication with his meds early in the year but now feels fabulous. At this point it doesn’t make sense to burn his redshirt but for all we know he could be feeling good adding strength and working a ton on his game.

Last edited:

The current starters and Bohannon are locked in for next year. After that it’s wide open IMO. And I think there is a 1% chance JW leaves. He’s not ready and he’s a smart kid...meaning he knows that he’s not ready.

Assuming everyone comes back, this is how I see it shaking out:

PG - JBO; 28 mins
SG - CJF; 30 mins
SF - JW; 30 mins
PF - CM; 27 mins
C - LG; 31 mins

Nunge - 15 mins
JT - 15 mins
Pemsl - 12 mins
Perkins - 12 mins

Total - 200 mins

I don't think PMAC plays a game in an Iowa uniform again....just my guy feeling. I think Uhlis redshirts with JBO and JT both getting the PG minutes. And I think the Murray brothers and Ogundele also redshirt.
I’ve always said I think Pemsl goes after this year, whether transfer or something else. Also Connor is playing the 4/3 spot so he won’t likely be taking back court minutes.

Joe T - 24
CJF - 28
JW - 30
C McCaffery - 24
Garza - 30
Jbo - 25
P McCaffery - 17
Nunge - 14
Top freshman - 10

Where has it been said that Pmac has troubles practice consistently?

Ive seen him suited up in pretty much every practice and shoot around pictures and videos posted by Iowa basketball. I’ve also seen videos and pictures of him shooting around before & after several games.

If you have verification of that or it has been said by someone that would be interesting. Right now it’s just all speculation.

It’s quite possible that Pat had a complication with his meds early in the year but now feels fabulous. At this point it doesn’t make sense to burn his redshirt but for all we know he could be feeling good adding strength and working a ton on his game.

Seriously? Where? Look in the posts about how Connor should give up basketball and focus on baseball. It’s probably hidden in one of those. You may have to go back to November because I haven’t seen one of those threads Iin awhile.

Connor talked about it in a radio interview. I think Hwakeye nation made it into a podcast. He said some days Patrick shows up to practice feeling good and some days are really bad. He said the most important thing is trying to keep his spirit up. Honestly it didn't sound great.

Connor talked about it in a radio interview. I think Hwakeye nation made it into a podcast. He said some days Patrick shows up to practice feeling good and some days are really bad. He said the most important thing is trying to keep his spirit up. Honestly it didn't sound great.
Interesting. I hadn’t heard that. Hopefully they will get it figured out by next year.

I remain confident that they will.

Latest posts