Tony Perkins Puts Hawkeyes on Top After Official Visit, Then Commits

I get the concept, but the Woody comparison is not a good one.

Xavier’s potential is through the roof. Woody had limitations (short arms / slower feet).

Xavier doesn’t seem to love the contact but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a very high level player.

I didn't really mean to compare their games, I meant to compare their situations. I don't ever really fault in-state kids for leaving and that's is not just at Iowa. There is a bigger microscope when you stay home. The hype is almost unachievable from the home crowd. Home fans seemingly judge harder with in state kids. If you don't live up to it, they turn quicker too. Iowa fans love to eat their own as much as any fan base. Woody was judged pretty harshly by his home crowd.... if X comes here and doesn't score (even tho that's not his game) and look like a guy destined to play in the NBA in a season if college ball, he'll face the same fate.

I didn't really mean to compare their games, I meant to compare their situations. I don't ever really fault in-state kids for leaving and that's is not just at Iowa. There is a bigger microscope when you stay home. The hype is almost unachievable from the home crowd. Home fans seemingly judge harder with in state kids. If you don't live up to it, they turn quicker too. Iowa fans love to eat their own as much as any fan base. Woody was judged pretty harshly by his home crowd.... if X comes here and doesn't score (even tho that's not his game) and look like a guy destined to play in the NBA in a season if college ball, he'll face the same fate.

Or he could be the guy who never has to buy a beer in the state again.

I get your thought process, but I think Woody’s overall goofiness, limited ability to dunk the ball at 7 feet, and eye poking thing all played a factor into that.

His highlights remind me of Moss's a few years ago, smooth offensive player, He looks a little slower than Moss but finishes stronger. That's big in the BigTen. Nobody gets a clean finish in conference play. His shot looks practiced but not natural, it looks like he's put in a lot of time on it. Athletic, check. Good size, check. Could be a nice player for Iowa.

Again, I'm most excited to see this kid suit up for the Hawks of anyone in this recruiting class. He is the slasher that Iowa is currently missing and he has some deep 3PT range with a smooth shot. Similar situation to Toussaint where I think we got a steal.

saw this tweet, try the link at the bottom for a video:

Tony Perkins Retweeted a video from IndyWeOutHere

203c.svg

Indiana Mr. Basketball 2020

2753.svg
@Saucy___T https://pic.twitter.com/9QnUhvetCG

Latest posts