Tony Perkins Puts Hawkeyes on Top After Official Visit, Then Commits

Welcome to the Hawkeyes, Tony!

Is it now 2 spots left for 3 in 2020?
Get em while they’re hot boys.
Barring transfers, I believe only 1 spot open. Unless Till was only guaranteed a scholarship for the 2019 season or one of the McCaffrey kids give up their scholarship.

Hope he's a late bloomer. I'm willing to be open-minded but Purdue, Indiana, and NDU all passed on offering him. Not an impressive offer list to say the least. But go get 'em Tony.

Welcome to the Hawkeyes, Tony!

Is it now 2 spots left for 3 in 2020?
Get em while they’re hot boys.
Barring transfers, I believe only 1 spot open. Unless Till was only guaranteed a scholarship for the 2019 season or one of the McCaffrey kids give up their scholarship.
If Iowa can get Foster and either Ogundele or Sibley they will take two more.

They have a lot of scholarship flexibility.

Hope he's a late bloomer. I'm willing to be open-minded but Purdue, Indiana, and NDU all passed on offering him. Not an impressive offer list to say the least. But go get 'em Tony.

I agree. I guess you never know how a player can develop but at face value this is not a program game changer.

His highlight footage looks impressive, he looks quick and athletic with a good jump shot, but it is a highlight reel after all.

Fran likes guys that shoot from the chest. :cool:In all seriousness, it looks like he can finish at the rim. His perimeter shooting might be suspect, however.

It’s kind of funny because everyone wanted more athleticism in the backcourt, which appears to be happening here with Toussaint, Ulis, and Perkins. I’m still wondering on those guys though because none of them were high level recruits with P5 offers.

I do wonder about our perimeter shooting going forward as well.

It’s kind of funny because everyone wanted more athleticism in the backcourt, which appears to be happening here with Toussaint, Ulis, and Perkins. I’m still wondering on those guys though because none of them were high level recruits with P5 offers.

I do wonder about our perimeter shooting going forward as well.
I think this is why our good friend from Oskaloosa is key. We need to pound the rock inside and create that presence. If so, then our guards will have abetter chance and dishing out to the shooters. Who are they besides JBo and Weiskamp? I'm more worried about defending the 3 point line. Our 3 pt shooting has been, what? 30-35% ?

I think this is why our good friend from Oskaloosa is key. We need to pound the rock inside and create that presence. If so, then our guards will have abetter chance and dishing out to the shooters. Who are they besides JBo and Weiskamp? I'm more worried about defending the 3 point line. Our 3 pt shooting has been, what? 30-35% ?
The thing is that Foster isn't rated highly for his offense. He's a rebounder and shot blocker. It might take a while before we see a lot of scoring from him.

We were a pretty solid 3pt shooting team with Moss, Bohannon, and Wieskamp last year.

If Jbo plays I expect we will solid there again this season. CJF should be a quality shooter.

On Foster we need to land him, but he’s not a back to the basket dominant interior post man and I wouldn’t expect that out of him in the B1G. He’s more finesse than a banger inside.

We were a pretty solid 3pt shooting team with Moss, Bohannon, and Wieskamp last year.

If Jbo plays I expect we will solid there again this season. CJF should be a quality shooter.

On Foster we need to land him, but he’s not a back to the basket dominant interior post man and I wouldn’t expect that out of him in the B1G. He’s more finesse than a banger inside.

If he's a finesse guy he'll fit right in with Frans group.

After watching highlights of Ulis and Perkins, I really like the all around offensive game of Perkins. If this class is done at the 4 commits right now, I think Perkins ends up being the best of the bunch when their careers are done at Iowa.

a highly rated big man not known for his offense that Iowa fans want big time, sounds familiar. If he commits to Iowa he's crazy IMO.....Woody shushed his own crowd.
I get the concept, but the Woody comparison is not a good one.

Xavier’s potential is through the roof. Woody had limitations (short arms / slower feet).

Xavier doesn’t seem to love the contact but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a very high level player.

Latest posts