Tomorrow night a must win?

Wassabbe, you are confusing me. You use the term 'we' here then show data for Iowa...yet when I searched your IP addresses just now, there were multiple instances where the IP address you used to post with to the site also turned up another user who posted with the same IP address; Cyclones17.

I wonder how that happens?

[video=youtube;fAWJdXJvngU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAWJdXJvngU[/video]

LOL I called Wassabe being a Cyclone fan from day one. Obvious troll.

You can still call me whatever you want. I'm not a Clone fan, even if one of the IP addresses matches one. Your obsession with me is over the top on this site and you are the only one.

I still want to know why people are up in arms about my post? Read it! I said it's not a must win but it's important for our non conference resume. Which I think we can all agree is. I'm not even as negative about it as Jon was 3 weeks ago.

You can still call me whatever you want. I'm not a Clone fan, even if one of the IP addresses matches one. Your obsession with me is over the top on this site and you are the only one.

I still want to know why people are up in arms about my post? Read it! I said it's not a must win but it's important for our non conference resume. Which I think we can all agree is. I'm not even as negative about it as Jon was 3 weeks ago.

LOL my obsession, I'm not the one creating fake names and posting in the same threads to back up my alt. And I'm far from the only one who thinks you're a troll, why else do you think Jon checked your IP? Better get your posting in now cause Jon's ban hammer is hanging over your head.

Not even close. Iowa's RPI will be light years ahead of where it was last year going into conference play. Additionally, Iowa's conference schedule is much tougher this year.

Why is a Clown fan wondering if this is a must win for Iowa?

He is not the only one, brah.

Wassabbe, you are confusing me. You use the term 'we' here then show data for Iowa...yet when I searched your IP addresses just now, there were multiple instances where the IP address you used to post with to the site also turned up another user who posted with the same IP address; Cyclones17.

I wonder how that happens?

Hahahaha. Caught.

I think it is obvious what he is accusing you of. If you are a Clone fan then fine, be one, represent who and what you really are and do not hide behind user names pretending to be a Hawk fan when you are not.

We get this way to much and I am glad Jon is calling people out for it. I get tired of having to try and figure out who is real and who is simply trolling on here. When I first came to this site I was confused for about the first month from all the trolls pretending to be Hawk fans.

I wonder why that is? Could it be all of the threads referencing CycloneFanatic that draws them here? It can get annoying though. I don't post enough to worry about it, I guess. At least now I understand why I got accused of being a troll.

Maybe my eyes aren't very good but even Wassabbe's Avatar is suspect. It appears to be an Iowa friendly Avatar but on closer instection, it appears it's a picture of Basabe getting his shot blocked at the rim! Am I imagining that?
Sneaky Clown fans!

Just to verify who I root for...the last Bowl game I went to was the 08/09' Outback Bowl in Tampa. I can provide plenty of details but one that should stand out, to anyone else that was there: During the Hawkeye Huddle at Clear Water Beach, Shonn Greene had a trail of people following him around the beach, like he was some kind of rock star (he was, kinda). We were hanging around with some of the other players, and they were getting a huge kick outta watching Shonn prance around with an entourage. Now that is a piece of information that you cannot get from Google, by being some fake Iowa fan. Had to be there to see it.
Anyone else recall this?

Must-win and should win are two very different things. ISU doesn't need this win as much as Iowa does right now. They already have a pair of wins that are just as good, if not better, than any win Iowa has right now. I don't think Iowa necessarily "needs" this win, but I really want it for insurance down the road.

ISU definitely needs this win just as much as Iowa. They didn't look all that special on a neutral court against UNI. Their home win against a Michigan team which is losing to lots of teams on the road isn't special. I think the BYU win will be a good one but that's it as of now. ISU is expected to win this game. It's on their home court and they are ranked higher and they are favored in Vegas.

There's more upside for Iowa in this game. There's far more downside for ISU in this game. I don't think it's a "must win" for either team as both teams have several quality opponents in conference.

ISU definitely needs this win just as much as Iowa. They didn't look all that special on a neutral court against UNI. Their home win against a Michigan team which is losing to lots of teams on the road isn't special. I think the BYU win will be a good one but that's it as of now. ISU is expected to win this game. It's on their home court and they are ranked higher and they are favored in Vegas.

There's more upside for Iowa in this game. There's far more downside for ISU in this game. I don't think it's a "must win" for either team as both teams have several quality opponents in conference.

I do think Michigan will come together eventually and look more like the team people expected in the preseason. That's still going to be a good win when experts look back in March.

I guess I don't view it as a must win considering last season when Iowa won, Clone fans were quick to tell me how it didn't actually matter at all. I would think it would mean more for ISU considering it is at home and they are favored. And if we lose it will be a good loss considering we are playing what is widely accepted as the eventual National Champion

Neither team "needs" this game. Whoever wins will just have another notch in what otherwise will be fairly well-notched belts.

I do think Michigan will come together eventually and look more like the team people expected in the preseason. That's still going to be a good win when experts look back in March.

My guess is you are right about Michigan looking good later. I'm thinking that Michigan at 20 and Iowa State at 22 are ranked about the same in Kenpom so an objective person (not a fan of either team) would likely say Iowa State should win at home. Iowa at 16 and Iowa State are ranked about the same so the same rationale holds true. BYU is currently 42 so Iowa State should have a decent chance to win there but it's obviously a good win if BYU stays in the top 50.

I agree that there's more upside for Iowa and downside for ISU in this game. Fred will be hard-pressed to explain it if ISU loses at Hilton.

However, I disagree with the implication that the B1G and Big 12 are in any way equal in competition. Iowa will face far more quality opponents in conference than ISU. Just look at the top 25 if you disagree.

That said, I think the MI-ISU game showed that MI is returning to it's old MO post-Trey Burke: playing below it's talent level. They'll have games where they look good and games where they look bad with little consistency.

Not a must win but if we do win this one we can pretty much stamp our ticket to the Big Dance. We would likely be 13-1 before we face Wisconsin as our next real challenge.

Not a must win but if we do win this one we can pretty much stamp our ticket to the Big Dance. We would likely be 13-1 before we face Wisconsin as our next real challenge.

I had some very similar thoughts, a win tonight and an upset against Wisconsin and we can have an NCAA tournament berth locked up in the first week of January. Probably won't happen, but that's the best case scenario.

Not a must win. A loss here will not prevent Iowa from challenging or winning the BIG and a loss here won't keep them from the NCAA. A must win has to have all or nothing riding on the outcome. This is still early in the season.

It would be a nice non-conference win & fun, though.

Latest posts