Tom Dienhart's article

PJHawk

Found this little gem in Tom Dienhart's article breaking down Indiana's schedule. Getting designated as a potential missing cupcake in the schedule for a traditionally abysmal team like Indiana shows how far this program has fallen:

Who they don’t play:
The Hoosiers miss Northwestern, Iowa and Nebraska. This works out well, as the Wildcats and Cornhuskers may be two of the better teams in the Legends Division. But missing a slumping Hawkeyes team that IU beat last season hurts.

Schedule analysis: Rough road slate awaits Hoosiers « Big Ten Network

Found this little gem in Tom Dienhart's article breaking down Indiana's schedule. Getting designated as a potential missing cupcake in the schedule for a traditionally abysmal team like Indiana shows how far this program has fallen:

Who they don’t play:
The Hoosiers miss Northwestern, Iowa and Nebraska. This works out well, as the Wildcats and Cornhuskers may be two of the better teams in the Legends Division. But missing a slumping Hawkeyes team that IU beat last season hurts.

Schedule analysis: Rough road slate awaits Hoosiers « Big Ten Network

OMG! Now we are cupcakes for former cupcakes. sigh.....................

Is this shocking to anyone? Other than maybe Missouri St. I am sure the other 11 opponents on Iowa's schedule are confident they can beat Iowa. After opponents start breaking down tape(film/video) from last year, why wouldn't they be.

Last edited:
I remember how average/low the expectations were for the 2002 team. I don't think the 2013 team is capable of being spectacular, but I think if they give themselves a chance and just aim for that 1st down marker, they could win a few more than what people are expecting.

A new low.

249068444261c5b11b1zz6.jpg

I remember how average/low the expectations were for the 2002 team. I don't think the 2013 team is capable of being spectacular, but I think if they give themselves a chance and just aim for that 1st down marker, they could win a few more than what people are expecting.

This was a weakness last year. 3x3=9

Ok. We get it! We were bad last year.
But riddle me this... Had we come back on the last drive and beaten them, wouldn't the Hoosiers still be saying the same? "We almost beat them, we'll get em next year"?
Indiana almost beat us two out of the three times before that too! So couldn't they have been saying that for a few years now? Non-story to me, but good bulletin board material (as a previous poster has said).

I hope the Hawks roll this year, and all the "experts" have to eat a sheet ton of crow.
*Nom nom nom*

If I remember right, and I could be wrong, but isn't the game decided in the field, and not by the talking heads?

Ok. We get it! We were bad last year.
But riddle me this... Had we come back on the last drive and beaten them, wouldn't the Hoosiers still be saying the same? "We almost beat them, we'll get em next year"?
Indiana almost beat us two out of the three times before that too! So couldn't they have been saying that for a few years now? Non-story to me, but good bulletin board material (as a previous poster has said).

I hope the Hawks roll this year, and all the "experts" have to eat a sheet ton of crow.
*Nom nom nom*

The fact we have struggled against Indiana for multiple years and not just one year really doesn't make me feel any better.