Todd Lickliter is back!

This month will be the final payment for Lickliter. So he needed to land a head coaching gig some where in order to get a fraction of what Iowa was paying him.

LOL. He was coming off a sweet sixteen and a national coach of the year award, it isn't like he was some hack. No he didn't work out for a number of reasons, getting players to buy into his system being at the top of list. That said I give him props for wanting to be a head coach again and not just be content being an assistant.

If Lick was such a great coach, he wouldn't have compiled the worst winning percentage of any coach in the history of Iowa's program. It's not like it "just didn't work out" at Iowa.. The wheels had completely come off the program, and there were strong rumors of even more transfers had Lick not been fired when he was, which means that year 4 wouldn't have been any better if Barta had kept him on. That move HAD to be made.

As others have said, Iowa hired the wrong Butler coach. Brad Stevens has had far more success with that program than Lick ever did.

Lick had a couple of good seasons with a Horizon League program, but he is Exhibit A that some success in the mid-majors doesn't automatically translate to a conference like the Big Ten. I have nothing at all against Lick and I wish him well in the future, but he is not a high-major coach and I'm glad he's gone and that we've got Fran.

Last edited:
watching-paint-dry.jpg

In case you missed it, it's message board folks like you that got Todd fired...

Todd Lickliter reflects on Iowa, working for Charlie Coles*|*Hoopville

huh?? Apparently Todd was watching a different "Iowa" than I was....Did anyone else read that article and wonder what Todd was smoking??

"The fan wants to know if you are winning the recruiting war. What does that mean?" Todd....my #1 concern with you wasn't "the recruiting war" it was the classic concern of "Are we going to have enough players without going down to the ped mall 2 hours before tip off and pulling frat boys out of the bars and slapping a jersey on them."

One thing though....with Lick....you could sit WHEREVER you wanted to in Carver.......then again.......never really had any desire to actually go TO Carver.....or watch "that" on TV.

Ok board nanny troll, Iowa Basketball has way more history than you. More final fours, more elite 8's, more sweet 16's, more ncaa tournament appearances. Care to troll more?

Name 2 traditions.

To bad HN doesn't have a jimlad.

And I'll save you the "2 traditions" question.

Johnny Orr and Hilton Magic.

Johnny is a tradition, it's gone, but it's still a tradition.

So is it tradition or history? Because I have proved Iowa has more than ISU.

History? Please explain how 3 final fours Pre-1990 and no tourney appearances since 2006 and no wins since 2001 is a better tournament history.

Yes that throws out our final four, but we made an elite eight 12 years ago. A lot better than, 40-50?

History? Please explain how 3 final fours Pre-1990 and no tourney appearances since 2006 and no wins since 2001 is a better tournament history.

Yes that throws out our final four, but we made an elite eight 12 years ago. A lot better than, 40-50?

ISU's lone final four was in 1944. So please explain your reasoning on your history. You can't throw it out if it is relevant.

Last edited:

Latest posts