Today is a miraculously wonderful day...The Big 12 Lives On!!!

Guys don't get caught up in the discussion and historical banter thrown around by Nebraska fans. This is not the Big 12 North and we will see how their boys fare on the field in the future. It is irrelevant to discuss and compare roses and oranges from past seasons playing different conference foes. What happens moving fwd will be all telling. I can't wait for the conference football games to begin - it will be very interesting to see how Nebraska stacks up against the likes of Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Wiscy, NW, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue. There ain't no Big 12 North in there I can tell you that.

There was a point where things looked mighty grim indeed. Honestly, what's miraculous is that ISU emerges from this MUCH better off than before. No NU to fight with in the North and about a 10 million dollar bump in annual revenue. Absolutely amazing how this has turned out.

Now we can look forward to adding a couple additions and getting back to a full twelve. Perhaps ND will see how well this works for Texas and take some interest? Anyway, this is good for the state of Iowa as well as ISU...more revenue into our state universities is always a good thing.

...and it only took a few million dollars to ensure you can suck on Texas's hind tittie....worth the price I guess :confused:

95% of the country has cable already and ALL Big Ten schools will be getting as much if not more than Texas so you tell me who has the better deal?
95% of the country does not have cable. That number is not even close, as of 2008, only 60% of the country has cable.

"Today is a miraculously wonderful day...The Big 12 Lives On!!!"

Yesterday was miraculous? What is today then? It's must be kind of like voting yes for a heath care bill when you don't know what is in it? :eek:

Wasn't it the "All mighty" Nebraska that allowed KANSAS TO PUT 70+ pts up against them just two years ago?

No, today is a miraculous day, watching the meltdown over on the Cyclone board. Pollard is getting the s--- now.

Looks like Texas is not going to share any of that buyout money from Nebraska and CU with ISU and the other sad 7. I guess ISU will have to pay for or that south end zone remodel with all the money they get from the Cyclone Network.

Looks like Texas is not going to share any of that buyout money from Nebraska and CU with ISU and the other sad 7. I guess ISU will have to pay for or that south end zone remodel with all the money they get from the Cyclone Network.

I hope CU and NU sue the living s*** out of Texas.

Hahahaha what an uninformed idiot. Look at how much money ISU had BEFORE Pollard. Look at them now. Get back to me

Look to see how Orange Bowls (or any bowls) ISU played in before (and while) Pollard was/is there.

Get back to me.

That's gonna hurt a bit.

Not really crickets...Johnny Majors had some very solid teams in the early 70's as well. By 1979, Iowa State was a far superior football program to that of Iowa. The Hawks were in the midst of 20 straight losing seasons and the bottom had literally fallen out of the program. That's why Hayden Fry is such a legendary figure...he managed, albeit with the support of a solid infrastructure and fan support...to take one of the worst programs in America and make into a top 30 or so program on a consistent basis.

Most of the people on this board were not even born when that happened.

But they do know of the victories Iowa had vs ISU ... 15 years in a row.

And the complete domination Iowa has over ISWho in 2010 and beyond.

Again, let me know when you have played in bowl game that is not associated with a dot com.

Wasn't it the "All mighty" Nebraska that allowed KANSAS TO PUT 70+ pts up against them just two years ago?

Didn't ISU beat Iowa, 15-13, without even scoring a single touchdown three seasons back? How the hell does that happen?

The Hawkeyes have been up as of late, but don't think Nebraska isn't on the rise. You may find yourself eating crow. The Huskers will be competitive in the Big 10.

Didn't ISU beat Iowa, 15-13, without even scoring a single touchdown three seasons back? How the hell does that happen?

The Hawkeyes have been up as of late, but don't think Nebraska isn't on the rise. You may find yourself eating crow. The Huskers will be competitive in the Big 10.

well. not to be redundant, but you already answered that.....by not scoring any TD's. :rolleyes:

If memory serves, didn't ISU beat NU by not scoring any TD's in 2009?

Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think anyone here really thinks that Nebraska won't be competitive in the Big Ten. But they aren't going to dominate like some of their fans think they are. Whether they believe it or not, the Big Ten is a step up from the Big 12 North and never playing Texas AND Oklahoma in the same regular season.

Latest posts