Today in How the B1G Football World Turns

Meh. Saying ALL MEDIA lacks responsibility and repercussion is a tired trope. SOME consumers also are to blame with their desire to seek out "media" with whom they agree. And don't get me started on people who run with info they read on social media.
Its hardly a tired trope considering it is a very literal problem and very damaging to society. You can hardly blame the consumer for reading "news" passed as fact.

It's one thing if they go crazy over a story they read on americasucks.com..but when they get it from a once reputable source that has gone to the dark side, it's not anywhere near their fault.

When you have journalism majors forming major public opinion based on zero experience, zero education, and no journalistic oversight on a gambit of topics, you have a problem.

Last edited:
You're painting with a broad brush. Saying ALL MEDIA lacks responsibility is a ridiculous statement. I said SOME consumers, not all. There's a reason Facebook and Twitter are addressing the influx of misinformation as the election approaches. People think those two platforms are news sources.

There is some irony in your using of the term "broad brush" in defense of "all media," The same media doesn't think twice before using the same broad brush with some pretty defining issues in the country today.

Anyway. End rant.

For the record, I never defended "all media." I defended against saying "all media" lacks responsibility. And I am somebody who believes responsible media/journalism is important.

We're not going to see eye to eye on it. And that's OK by me.

There is some irony in your using of the term "broad brush" in defense of "all media," The same media doesn't think twice before using the same broad brush with some pretty defining issues in the country today.

Anyway. End rant.

The term “fake news” did not exist prior to Trump’s emergence to run and then serve as president. Does media make mistakes? Yeah. It is a giant group, nation and world wide with a responsibility that is overwhelming. I will tell you what I have told many...Learn to Read. If you struggle to understand propaganda, vs fact, vs opinion vs analysis, the you need to get to work. Can we all get fooled sometimes? Of course. Are there media people who are openly dishonest? Yes. Want some names? The attack on media is one of the first strategies used by dictators. Look at history. Very clever. Discredit what you read, what you hear, what you see. Listen only to one source, mine, says the power in charge. Good luck with going down that path, which is one followed by far too many these days.

I appreciate your passive aggressive jabs at strangers from your keyboard. It's entertaining. While you're no doubt unhappy in life, and guaranteed to have been made fun of throughout your developemental years, I am happy to be the recipient of your mode of self worth.

That said, I use life experience, my educational background, and my career to form rounded opinions. That is not my concern. My concern is for those that don't have analytical skills that your described in your giant paragraph of garbage.

I appreciate your passive aggressive jabs at strangers from your keyboard. It's entertaining. While you're no doubt unhappy in life, and guaranteed to have been made fun of throughout your developemental years, I am happy to be the recipient of your mode of self worth.

That said, I use life experience, my educational background, and my career to form rounded opinions. That is not my concern. My concern is for those that don't have analytical skills that your described in your giant paragraph of garbage.

Thanks for the confirmation of your inability to read. You may want to look up “passive aggressive.” Just so you will know, Anyone who knows me would get a giant laugh at the stupidity of your baseless description of me. I was amused, for sure. If what you write is any indication of your life experience, your education, and your analytical skills, you have fallen into the easy environment of simply rejecting by gross generalization what you don’t agree with. I did notice that you did not do more in your post than to personally attack me. Good rule to follow: “I only care about what someone thinks of me if I know they are someone who cares about me.”

Just so you will know, it is now about 9 p.m. For many years you could have a couple of pints of Amber Bock with me at George’s and then we would walk over to Pagliai’s and have a late night pizza. Then I would head to the Hampton Inn in SW CR, and share my extra pizza with the staff. Tomorrow a.m. I would have hot cakes, bacon, and two over easy at Checkers in SW CR near the Hampton. Then off to IC for the game with victory celebration at Tailgators in Coralville with Sat. Night FB on the tube. Instead, I will mow my fuckin’ lawn.

Just so you will know, it is now about 9 p.m. For many years you could have a couple of pints of Amber Bock with me at George’s and then we would walk over to Pagliai’s and have a late night pizza. Then I would head to the Hampton Inn in SW CR, and share my extra pizza with the staff. Tomorrow a.m. I would have hot cakes, bacon, and two over easy at Checkers in SW CR near the Hampton. Then off to IC for the game with victory celebration at Tailgators in Coralville with Sat. Night FB on the tube. Instead, I will mow my fuckin’ lawn.

The C virus sucks, that’s for sure.

A few things about the apology. First off, medical professionals need to stop sharing preliminary data to reporters. The temptation here is getting a story out first whether it's the reporter or medical professional. The information needs to be reviewed. The second problem is he hasn't seen the study and is getting the information informally, by word of mouth. It looks like he got his numbers mixed up along the way. Not the same as making stuff up, but putting out unverified second hand information is just about as bad.

I haven't seen where the study itself has been debunked. Does anyone care to point it out. Comment section stuff doesn't count. Neither does political soap boxing or opinion columns.

i don't know how to paste a Twitter post, so I will just paste the text.

Parents from at least 3 B1G schools were told to expect October 10th season vote this past Friday/Saturday. Were told it was pushed back because medical advisor proposals needed more time to be presented.
As of now presidents are scheduled to vote on Tuesday morning, per source.

I’m not saying the B1G will not be playing on Oct. 10, although I find it unlikely with the time needed to condition and train. Iowa, for example, hasn’t had a padded practice since December.

That said, this guy is a clown who has been changing his reports hourly.

Man, that sucks. Totally predictable that the politburos in Illinois and Michigan weren't going to let their teams play.

Man, that sucks. Totally predictable that the politburos in Illinois and Michigan weren't going to let their teams play.
Rob, I’m confused. Rittenberg says there’s political pressure from state assemblies to play, but Patrick is saying there aren’t enough teams to play (including the Michigan schools who have what appears to be support from their lawmakers).

Is this mainly the presidents, AD’s?

Rob, I’m confused. Rittenberg says there’s political pressure from state assemblies to play, but Patrick is saying there aren’t enough teams to play (including the Michigan schools who have what appears to be support from their lawmakers).

Is this mainly the presidents, AD’s?

My guess would be political blowholes running their mouths putting pressure on the presidents of the universities knowing damn well things aren't going to change, simply to make it a political issue so that on election day they can say that they fought to save the college football season.

Latest posts