Time to Think About a New OC!

seepig

So was thinking last night after Jeff Tedford was names new HC at Fresno State. Tedford, and offensive genius, was operating as an offensive consultant to Chris Peterson at Washington. It's the right time of year with another melt down season coming to an end where our offensive stats are at all time lows to discuss this in hopes that maybe someone close enough to KF that maybe he hears it. Here are the people I know are available and probably better than GD you may know others.

Tim DeRueyter - Former HC at Fresno State and another great offensive mind just not a good HC. Got the Carr kid drafted and he is doing pretty good.

Rick Neuheisel - Rick is sitting there doing very little on College sports radio on Sirius/XM. One thing Rick knows if offense and he has former head coaching experience. He has been known to say he wants back in coaching. Iowa City may not appeal to him but if he did a good job turning Iowa offense around he could probably get another HC job out west.

after the season press conference with ferentz "blah, blah, blah........we have a great coaching staff"

...in hopes that maybe someone close enough to KF that maybe he hears it.

Hate to break this to you but Kirk Ferentz gives zero shits what anyone thinks who isn't a donor, up to and including Gary Barta. He literally has no one to answer to unless he does something illegal.

Money talks and as long as those people are still pumping millions into the program Kirk stays and Greg Davis' way of football stays.

Yep we've been saying it on here forever. Fans call in to Sound Off and tell KF that forever. Kirk has blamed it on execution FOREVER. It's like a broken record. KF is the walking talking breathing definition of insanity....and don't believe him when he says we go back at the end of each year and look what we can do better because the D is still calling out where the running plays are going.

Hate to break this to you but Kirk Ferentz gives zero shits what anyone thinks who isn't a donor, up to and including Gary Barta. He literally has no one to answer to unless he does something illegal.

Money talks and as long as those people are still pumping millions into the program Kirk stays and Greg Davis' way of football stays.
Actually I don't completely agree because after some pressers and questions by media all the sudden that wrinkle shows up. IMO opinion that's even worse!

Love this....Greg Davis is being paid $625,000 per year to be an offensive coordinator. That’s like asking your dentist to whiten your smile, and then instead he knocks all your teeth out with a tack hammer and you decide to pay him anyway.
Greg Davis had a 1-year contract in 2012. And, with a Sr QB with tons of experience, we proceeded to have the worst offense in P5 in 2012. So what does our bumbling idiot of a head coach say?.... "Davis really gets it" and then proceed to re-signed him.
Ferentz is a good guy, but the WORST COACH AND RECRUITER in P5, despite his contract money only behind Saban, Harbaugh, and Meyer. He is wasting massive amts of ca$h, and the advantage of having new facilities. Things will only get worse as other P5 schools re-do their facilities.

No OP, it's way past time to start thinking about a new OC.

Pathetic is where we have been under GD and staying there. I've puked before and I'll puke again watching this offensive scheme's "magic" peform Saturday after Saturday. Grotesque is the best word I can think of, closely followed by repulsive.

gro·tesque
ɡrōˈtesk/
adjective
adjective: grotesque
  1. 1.
    comically or repulsively ugly or distorted.
re·pul·sive
rəˈpəlsiv/
adjective
adjective: repulsive
  1. 1.
    arousing intense distaste or disgust.

If you are just now starting to think about a new OC, you are about 4 years too last to the party. I was saying this after year one.

If you are just now starting to think about a new OC, you are about 4 years too last to the party. I was saying this after year one.
All of us were deanvogs especially after hearing from the Texas fans after his hiring. Why you would hire a guy well beyond his prime is beyond many of us.

I just want to see an offensive coordinator who calls passing plays of more than 5 yards more than twice a game.

When I started this thread I was actually hoping folks would post up with names of QUALITY OC candidates so I can e-mail those to Kirk promptly before he comes out and gives GD a vote of confidence and another year at $600k.