Time to separate the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian, official IA vs IU Game Thread

Being in hoosierland made me envision Frans speech to set up the game winner:

“ok, keegan, jordan-youre the decoy’s, i wanta run the picket fence, then pass in to McCaffery or Perkins for the lay up and one…..”

After 10 seconds if hard stares Jbo says “I’ll make it”

Fran says ok, quickly schemes a pass sequence and says:

“ok, Jordan, but bank it in and give Raftery a hard on”

From a random IU fan on the Twitter:

Jen Gawne
@HoosierJen96

Someone please tell me that was the LAST time we'll see Jordan Bohannan do that to us! Hat tip.... but don't let the door hit you on the way out of the B1G
1f609.svg

2:10 PM · Mar 12, 2022·Twitter Web App

Retweet

We have to give Connor credit for his assist

He was waiting for Jordan to come around

Looked like a set play

Jordan started on the left side of the basket

And shuffled around to the top of the key

Connor was waiting to present the perfect pass

After the shot banked in

Jordan ran to the Indiana bench

It was All Good

:cool:

Don't think I've ever heard this comment on HN
Our zone slowed them down, and stopped Xavier Johnson from penetrating.

He stuck with Patrick, which I wouldn't have done. He was right and I was wrong.

He kept JBo fresh enough for his late surge.

He used his bench better than Woodson, who's bench was admittedly shorter with Geronimo not available.

His substitution patterns were nearly flawless with the exception of Rebraca. Filip was struggling on both ends and with rebounding as well. The 19 minutes he got were a little generous. I would love to have seen his +/- on the day.

Because there is no such thing as over the back. You can reach over someone all day and that is not a foul. Now if you push them then sure that is a foul.
Over the back is a term used to describe a foul when someone rams into someone's back trying to get a rebound. Why do so many people think it's a term used to describe someone who gets a rebound behind someone without touching them? Why would anyone think it's a foul if you don't even touch the other player?

I see people say what you said all the time and I truly don't get it. Was there a rule change a long time ago or something and it used to be a foul if you got a rebound behind someone when you didn't even touch them? And that foul was referred to as over the back?

bohannon.... man this guy has had some great moments in his 10 year career.
Almost pulled a Dan Marino and never got back to the championship again. Back in 2006, when he was a freshmen, I think JBo also did some boasting about getting back there again. Took a while but he was right in the end. :)

Last edited:
Almost pulled a Dan Marino and never got back to the championship again. Back in 2006, when he was a freshmen, I think JBo also did some boasting about getting back there again. Took a while but he was right in the end. :)
what were Jbo's stats from that 06 game anyway?