Time to Confess What You Did When You Lost Faith Against MSU

NorthKCHawk

Around the 1:30 to go mark, if you were watching the game, you knew Iowa was going to lose. You lost faith and were pissed that every time Iowa would climb back into the game in the 2nd half MSU would drill a 3, we would miss a 3 and then MSU would make 2 free throws and be up by 7 again. By 1:30 left, every damn one of us thought things like, "just not our day" "shit, are we gonna miss the tournament?" "how can these guys keep making these 3s? 80%?? You couldn't do that with no defense on the floor!" "Well, at least this was a new Frantrum. Can't believe that ref didn't toss him." If you say that you never lost faith and thought Iowa still had a chance the entire game you are a liar!! ESPN's computer even gave up on us, completely. So, we know people left Carver, some posters already admitted to turning the channel. Fess up if you have a story. Here is mine:

I look at my 17 year old and say, "no way we can come back from this. We have people coming over for dinner. I am going to shower and start cooking." As I was stepping into the shower I heard my son scream "Dad, get back down here!!!!" I watched the remainder of the game in my fiance's white bathrobe. It was an awkward celebration at the end, and very appropriate in terms of karma.

Around the 1:30 to go mark, if you were watching the game, you knew Iowa was going to lose. You lost faith and were pissed that every time Iowa would climb back into the game in the 2nd half MSU would drill a 3, we would miss a 3 and then MSU would make 2 free throws and be up by 7 again. By 1:30 left, every damn one of us thought things like, "just not our day" "shit, are we gonna miss the tournament?" "how can these guys keep making these 3s? 80%?? You couldn't do that with no defense on the floor!" "Well, at least this was a new Frantrum. Can't believe that ref didn't toss him." If you say that you never lost faith and thought Iowa still had a chance the entire game you are a liar!! ESPN's computer even gave up on us, completely. So, we know people left Carver, some posters already admitted to turning the channel. Fess up if you have a story. Here is mine:

I look at my 17 year old and say, "no way we can come back from this. We have people coming over for dinner. I am going to shower and start cooking." As I was stepping into the shower I heard my son scream "Dad, get back down here!!!!" I watched the remainder of the game in my fiance's white bathrobe. It was an awkward celebration at the end, and very appropriate in terms of karma.
If I hadn't been visiting my uncle in the hospital and watching with him I would've shut it off and gotten a head start on a nap.

I am one who always stays or watches until the end. I was behind on the DVR for several minutes because doing Mr. Mom washing clothes and taking care of stuff as she was gone. I started to watch and it got to that point later in the game where we just weren't making any headway fast enough and Mich St. was making all their FT's. I admittedly FF'd a it and checked because I wanted to see how much they would end up losing by. I didn't go all the way to the end. I got to where Iowa had like 89 and Mich St. had like 96 or something and went a bit further. I then saw the score something like 96-92 or similar and was like shit. I then backed up up a bit and started watching to the end. Hell of a game.

About halfway through the second half, I started fast-forwarding (the first arrow on Mediacom TiVo...double time, probably). Would go to real time for a bit, watch, see the same 'ol same 'ol...ff again..go back to real time. Probably went RT for good at about 3 minutes left to see if they kept fighting again. Glad I did.

Unfortunately, I was out shopping since I dont have espn at home, so I game casted it. To be honest, I didnt think we could pull it off until that last MSU free throw miss that allowed Sandfort to tie the game. Even then, I was absolutely certain Izzo would have had someone foul.......I got a couple weird looks when I whooped it up in Jo Ann Fabrics parking lot (side note- I may go shopping with wife, but there are some stores I am not a quality partner.....so I stayed in the car.)

I had band practice and watched it on delay. It was sorted spoiled because my phone blew up with a ton of "Holy shit" texts that I might have glanced at, but I still didn't know for sure.... I just assumed something crazy happened, I was right.

I record all the games so I knew it was close at the end. I cannot take seeing us get blown out so I don't watch those any longer. What a weekend for men and women in basketball. That has to make Iowa history.

Thank God for your wife's bathrobe.

I could have used any robe after we famously melted down vs UNLV in the 1987 regional final and had whipped most of my wardrobe at the TV.

I could have used any robe after we famously melted down vs UNLV in the 1987 regional final and had whipped most of my wardrobe at the TV.
That was the last time I bet on a individual sporting event (as opposed to MM). Right before halftime, someone bet me $5 the Hawks would blow it. "No way!" I said. "That money is as good as mine." And then...not so much. I still feel responsible.

I was willing to watch to the end, but the wife was resigned to them losing and with about 1:45 left... we went grocery shopping. We ran into some friends while at the store and they were telling us about the amazing comeback and win. Thank God for the "Matthew Loves Ball" channel on YouTube!

Confession GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I am one who always stays or watches until the end. I was behind on the DVR for several minutes because doing Mr. Mom washing clothes and taking care of stuff as she was gone. I started to watch and it got to that point later in the game where we just weren't making any headway fast enough and Mich St. was making all their FT's. I admittedly FF'd a it and checked because I wanted to see how much they would end up losing by. I didn't go all the way to the end. I got to where Iowa had like 89 and Mich St. had like 96 or something and went a bit further. I then saw the score something like 96-92 or similar and was like shit. I then backed up up a bit and started watching to the end. Hell of a game.

I just fast forward thru the commercials

DieHard Type

John McClane's Best One-Liners From the 'Die Hard' Franchise! - Life & Style

:cool:

I had band practice and watched it on delay. It was sorted spoiled because my phone blew up with a ton of "Holy shit" texts that I might have glanced at, but I still didn't know for sure.... I just assumed something crazy happened, I was right.

Smashing Phone GIFs | Tenor

Naptime for me . Thanks for recorded sports. Was still awesome even though I knew the results. I couldn't help but know these depressed looking folks in the arena have no idea the treat they are about to witness.

I kept watching. Why? Fran entertainment. Also, I knew they couldn't screw around and had to get shots up without thinking and doing screwy fundamental things. Didn't think they'd win, but wanted to see what they could do.

The highlight of the whole game was watching Duke post several minutes behind. It was hilarious.

I kept watching. Why? Fran entertainment. Also, I knew they couldn't screw around and had to get shots up without thinking and doing screwy fundamental things. Didn't think they'd win, but wanted to see what they could do.

The highlight of the whole game was watching Duke post several minutes behind. It was hilarious.
Look at the Indiana game thread. He just posted the Sandfort kiss.

He will get through the end of the game eventually:)

Look at the Indiana game thread. He just posted the Sandfort kiss.

He will get through the end of the game eventually:)
Duke has got to be one of the funniest, most human, and likable people on this board.

Stunningly hilarious kudos to you North!

I was grading tests during that game. I wanted to shred all the tests and burn them. I think that this game followed the OU miracle made it even worse. Gamble was unbelievable.

Iowa and IL that year had to be like the best teams ever with nba talent on them and neither won the Big. Iowa had those home losses and 2 losses to a 500 osu team. I don't think we'll ever see something like that again.

Ironically it was Lute (I believe) that resurrected Lohaus' career after getting lost under Raveling. Lohaus asked Lute if he could transfer but instead Lute reached out to Davis and more or less said to really look at Lohaus. Lohaus was a project when he came for sure.

I doubt we ever see a more talented Iowa BB team again.

Latest posts