Time to Confess What You Did When You Lost Faith Against MSU

I was grading tests during that game. I wanted to shred all the tests and burn them. I think that this game followed the OU miracle made it even worse. Gamble was unbelievable.

Iowa and IL that year had to be like the best teams ever with nba talent on them and neither won the Big. Iowa had those home losses and 2 losses to a 500 osu team. I don't think we'll ever see something like that again.

Ironically it was Lute (I believe) that resurrected Lohaus' career after getting lost under Raveling. Lohaus asked Lute if he could transfer but instead Lute reached out to Davis and more or less said to really look at Lohaus. Lohaus was a project when he came for sure.

I doubt we ever see a more talented Iowa BB team again.
We won't. How Raveling managed to lure all that talent has been debated but if not for him Gamble and Horton would probably end up at Illinois, Purdue or Kansas. Marble, BJ and Bill Jones would go to Michigan or MSU. Gerry Wright would probably be at UNLV, Arizona or a California school.

Kent Hill might have played for Billy Tubbs at Oklahoma. Billy like smaller, quicker but still wide bodied post players who could rebound.

Gamble made a pretty good audition for the NBA that March. And Davis made a huge mistake sitting him vs UNLV when he picked up his fourth. Soon as he went out Vegas made their move. Davis didn't bring Gamble back in until the score was tied.

In that situation, what are you saving your hottest offensive player for? There was no tomorrow.

We won't. How Raveling managed to lure all that talent has been debated but if not for him Gamble and Horton would probably end up at Illinois, Purdue or Kansas. Marble, BJ and Bill Jones would go to Michigan or MSU. Gerry Wright would probably be at UNLV, Arizona or a California school.

Kent Hill might have played for Billy Tubbs at Oklahoma. Billy like smaller, quicker but still wide bodied post players who could rebound.

Gamble made a pretty good audition for the NBA that March. And Davis made a huge mistake sitting him vs UNLV when he picked up his fourth. Soon as he went out Vegas made their move. Davis didn't bring Gamble back in until the score was tied.

In that situation, what are you saving your hottest offensive player for? There was no tomorrow.
Good question. I wanted to hate Tark but the guy made me smile. But I hated that game.

Did Raveling big time cheat? I do think a lot of guys wanted to play for him. Not sure Iowa City was a good fit for him. That year gave us unrealistic expectations for Davis. Funny thing was that I L team was equally talented and maybe more. Should have one it all the next year. Iowa should have been Champs in 87.

OU wasn't as good as Iowa but they would tear thru today's Big. I think several of those guys for Iowa were diamonds in the rough when recruited.

Don't think Fry is old enough to appreciate that team.