Time to bring Oliver Martin home again?

SwirlinLingerie

Must have a degree or two by now and thus immediately available. Makes too much sense. Unfinished business. Full circle. One Iowa City kid in a tough spot as coordinator, another Iowa City kid coming home to help him out. Maybe they jump in City Park pool together, holding hands, to announce his transfer.

Possible Jones caught wind of this and bailed - only so many footballs to go around.

Must have a degree or two by now and thus immediately available. Makes too much sense. Unfinished business. Full circle. One Iowa City kid in a tough spot as coordinator, another Iowa City kid coming home to help him out. Maybe they jump in City Park pool together, holding hands, to announce his transfer.

Possible Jones caught wind of this and bailed - only so many footballs to go around.

Are you drunk? Did he tear it up at Nebby last season? YOu wanna bring a guy who's been on 3 different Div 1 teams? Maybe he's just not a Div 1 receiver. Just cause he's from Iowa City doesn't make him a kick azz wideout.

Are you drunk? Did he tear it up at Nebby last season? YOu wanna bring a guy who's been on 3 different Div 1 teams? Maybe he's just not a Div 1 receiver. Just cause he's from Iowa City doesn't make him a kick azz wideout.
You know he had over 100 yards receiving in a big ten game last year? All of Iowa's WRs combined had like 25 receiving yards in the Citrus Bowl. It makes too much sense.

You know he had over 100 yards receiving in a big ten game last year? All of Iowa's WRs combined had like 25 receiving yards in the Citrus Bowl. It makes too much sense.

Are you his dad?

So, he has one game with 103 yrd in the opener, and 5 receptions the rest of the year for 44 yrds in 8 games. You're hanging your hat on one game. Seriously! OK.

This just reeks of a player not being able to create separation and/or be a downfield threat.

"Oliver Martin battled injuries early in the season, but played in eight games with three starts in 2021. Martin caught nine passes for 147 yards and one touchdown while returning three punts for 19 yards.

He had a big game in the opener at Illinois, leading all players with six receptions for 103 yards and one touchdown. His six catches and 103 yards were both career highs"
- Nebraska Husker Football Bio Page

Ha ha. He has 31 catches in four years, with never more than 11 catches in any one year. He has had four years to make a mark of some kind and has not distinguished himself in any way whatsoever except for the fact that he has been with three different teams in those four years.

What makes you think he would be worth having at this point? Are you really that clueless or are you just trying to mess with people?

WTF are you smoking? What about any of these stat lines says Oliver Martin is someone who would be an addition rather than subtraction? He's played 4 years and had one decent day in his entire career, which just so happened to be against the worst team in the conference.

In 2021 he was 7th in receiving yardage on an absolutely garbage nebraska team.

I'm honestly curious as to the reasoning behind this one.

1654011316625.png
1654011349250.png
1654011382164.png
1654011416296.png

WTF are you smoking? What about any of these stat lines says Oliver Martin is someone who would be an addition rather than subtraction? He's played 4 years and had one decent day in his entire career, which just so happened to be against the worst team in the conference.

View attachment 9031
View attachment 9032
View attachment 9033
View attachment 9034

Hey, Illinois wasn't the worst team in the conference, Nebraska was.

Uh, guys...100+ yards in a single big ten game? Did you even watch the Citrus Bowl?

Not saying he can be the next Max Cooper or anything but the Hawks need to find a transfer ASAP, especially one with prior experience in Iowa's complicated pass offense.

Uh, guys...100+ yards in a single big ten game? Did you even watch the Citrus Bowl?

Not saying he can be the next Max Cooper or anything but the Hawks need to find a transfer ASAP, especially one with prior experience in Iowa's complicated pass offense.
One good game in an entire 4 year career, against a comically bad team and you’re ready to hire him?

This has to be the ultimate troll job.

It blows my mind anyone wants him back frankly. He bailed on us. Twice if you count not choosing Iowa to begin with out of HS. So why on earth should KF want him even if the kid begged to come back and walk on which he isn't? Let him waste away the end of his career in NE it's quite fitting if you ask me

I thought the OP was a joke. I didn't think he or she was being serious. Apparently, my sarcasm meter is way off. Not quite a troll job, but throwing it out there for humor.

It blows my mind anyone wants him back frankly. He bailed on us. Twice if you count not choosing Iowa to begin with out of HS. So why on earth should KF want him even if the kid begged to come back and walk on which he isn't? Let him waste away the end of his career in NE it's quite fitting if you ask me

This is why when someone doesn't commit, decommits or enters the portal we have to have a thick skin. We can lose 42-3 against Michigan with Charlie Jones, I'm pretty confident we can keep it to a 39 point differential without him.

I really like how you cherry pick very specific games to support your argument. Fryowa put out career stats as a whole which doesn't scream someone ya gotta get. You point out his one best game and the one worse game Iowa's team had for receiving. I guess that's being objective.

Is KF going to take a flyer on a guy twice for an average of 1.7 catches a game? Hell no X100. Dude, that ship has sailed.

View attachment 9031
View attachment 9032
View attachment 9033
View attachment 9034

Double Damn, Fry, you be doing the homework

:cool:

Oliver Martin just caught a pass for Nebraska. Is that the same one that was at Iowa or is it his kid?

200.gif