Tiger admits to cheating, why is he not DQ'd? Should he DQ himself?

Ok, Tiger's lowest final round of The Masters was a 67 in 2011. If he can pull out a 67 that will put him at -8 which I would have to think would put him right there at the top. I'm going to hope for that to happen.

Even if Tiger doesn't get close to the top it's still shaping up to be a great final round.

IMO -10 or -11 will be the winning score. So 65 isn't winning it..

I thought maybe Tiger was coming around before this interview. Now I am back in the "anyone but Tiger" crowd, a group that has a large following. How can someone in Tiger's position not know such an obvious and logical rule? The interviewer refused to ask this question and Tiger had no intention of offering an explanation. The truth is simple: He thought he could get away with it and would have if he hadn't told the truth in a moment of clarity. Unfortunately, I have a feeling he will not being doing the right thing again any time soon.

Riiiight. Keep drinking that I hate Tiger Kool-aid.

I thought maybe Tiger was coming around before this interview. Now I am back in the "anyone but Tiger" crowd, a group that has a large following. How can someone in Tiger's position not know such an obvious and logical rule? The interviewer refused to ask this question and Tiger had no intention of offering an explanation. The truth is simple: He thought he could get away with it and would have if he hadn't told the truth in a moment of clarity. Unfortunately, I have a feeling he will not being doing the right thing again any time soon.

If it was so obvious and logical????...it took a caller, 2 committee reviews, to determine even the penalty....must have been real obvious.

Go back to Royal and Ancient.

Wow.. Let it go. WTF are you not seeing...

Here let me say it again and again and again...

Let's not forget that the rules committee found nothing wrong after reviewing this and concluded no rules were broken. I guess those Rules officials have ruled a time or two.. :) Fred Ridley stated today that Disqualification wasn't even an option because they already ruled on it while he was playing..

Hawkprdtr...you know your stuff so I can ask you.

If Tiger would have taken his drop to the left where it entered the water would he then have been able to go as far back as he wanted to make the drop?

IMO -10 or -11 will be the winning score. So 65 isn't winning it..

I think your right. The bad break, penalty and a couple short misses today prolly took him out of it. Leaders will be at -7 or -8 today. 5 strokes is too many. I would feel good for Send to pull it off...or Freddy...or Fury. Sick of the Duck just showing up out of the blue for no apparent reason. Should be a good day tomorrow.

Let me dream damn you. I'm just waiting until the man wins another major so I can rub it in the faces of the people who hate Tiger.

You want me to lay out a dream scenario.. Tiger Sunday 62 for a the lowest round in a Major and Wins by 2..

Then all the haters can really, really hate.. Now that would be icing on this Masters cake..

I think your right. The bad break, penalty and a couple short misses today prolly took him out of it. Leaders will be at -7 or -8 today. 5 strokes is too many. I would feel good for Send to pull it off...or Freddy...or Fury. Sick of the Duck just showing up out of the blue for no apparent reason. Should be a good day tomorrow.

I agree, but at some point you would think Tiger is going to notch that 1 comeback win and you just can't rule him out tomorrow. Trailing by 4 strokes is nothing at Augusta..

Hawkprdtr...you know your stuff so I can ask you.

If Tiger would have taken his drop to the left where it entered the water would he then have been able to go as far back as he wanted to make the drop?

The left drop was the marked drop zone, Tiger would have had to drop in that circle. Much closer shot and not the greatest angle for that pin, Tiger made the right choice yesterday, much better angle..

I agree, but at some point you would think Tiger is going to notch that 1 comeback win and you just can't rule him out tomorrow. Trailing by 4 strokes is nothing at Augusta..

4 strokes is doable...but he prolly needs at least a 68 and some help. I personally think its incredible he's on the first page still. 90% of players fold in this situation.

4 strokes is doable...but he prolly needs at least a 68 and some help. I personally think its incredible he's on the first page still. 90% of players fold in this situation.

I can only imagine trying to go to sleep after what happened at 15. Then to get up the next morning and realize you've just been hit with another 2 stroke penalty...no thanks.

Sir Nick Faldo was among those who called upon Woods to withdraw from the tournament. The six-times major winner, working at Augusta for the Golf Channel, said: "For me, this is dreadful. Absolutely no intention to drop this as close as possible. Simply, a breach of rules. The rules of golf are black and white, and Tiger broke them. He has admitted he broke them.
"He should stand up and earn himself some brownie points and say to all his fellow professionals: 'I've broken the rules, I'm going home and I will see you next week.' He should consider the mark this will leave on his legacy."

Sir Nick Faldo was among those who called upon Woods to withdraw from the tournament. The six-times major winner, working at Augusta for the Golf Channel, said: "For me, this is dreadful. Absolutely no intention to drop this as close as possible. Simply, a breach of rules. The rules of golf are black and white, and Tiger broke them. He has admitted he broke them.
"He should stand up and earn himself some brownie points and say to all his fellow professionals: 'I've broken the rules, I'm going home and I will see you next week.' He should consider the mark this will leave on his legacy."

And yet again. So the 2 Strokes isn't good enough for you and Brandel??

Let's not forget that the rules committee found nothing wrong after reviewing this and concluded no rules were broken. I guess those Rules officials have ruled a time or two.. :) Fred Ridley stated today that Disqualification wasn't even an option because they already ruled on it while he was playing..

Like I stated earlier, you were listening to Brandel this morning weren't you.. :)Join DateOct 2009LocationOwatonna, MNPosts4,950

Re: Tiger admits to cheating, why is he not DQ'd? Should he DQ himself?

The OP must be listening to Brandel on the Golf channel. lol

Last edited:
The left drop was the marked drop zone, Tiger would have had to drop in that circle. Much closer shot and not the greatest angle for that pin, Tiger made the right choice yesterday, much better angle..

He could have gone to where it entered the hazard and kept that spot between him and the pin and go as far back as he wanted to, tho.....right?

He could have gone to where it entered the hazard and kept that spot between him and the pin and go as far back as he wanted to, tho.....right?

Correct.. He had 3 options.

1st Option: Drop Zone

2nd Option which your referring too. Where the ball cross the hazard which would have been actually in between the Drop Zone and his original position. However still not a good angle for that pin, why he chose original position.

3rd Option was play original position which is what he chose.

Last edited:

Latest posts