Ticket Sells

angrypanda

Barta says tickets remain for all 7 of Iowa's home games. ISU closest to a sell out right now.
t
this is pathetic. and this is with two in state home games.

Those ISU tickets will be gone before opening day. Wiscy and Nebraska are guaranteed sell outs too. Indiana as well...it's homecoming. (and the only October home game). An undefeated September will take care of the NW game.

Ball St and UNI don't do much for people. (can we be done with UNI on the schedule already? No more FCS teams. period)

from morehouse

Remaining ticket inventory at Kinnick per game: UNI 7,197; Ball State 10,007; Iowa State 2,128; Indiana 6,955; NW 7,294; UW 5,166; Neb 6,409

So Iowa has sold ~450k out of ~494k tickets.

ISU can sell, at maximum, ~385k.

We're supposed to think this is "pathetic"?

from morehouse

Remaining ticket inventory at Kinnick per game: UNI 7,197; Ball State 10,007; Iowa State 2,128; Indiana 6,955; NW 7,294; UW 5,166; Neb 6,409

I am very surprised to see this number of unsold tickets. The economy? Lack of excitement even after last years rebound?

If the home slate had OSU, Mich, Mich St or some better games along with wisky and nebby I think there would be more season ticket sales (not sells) and much less unsold tickets.

I cant comment on the tailgating crackdown comment as I usually drive up to the game with about 45 minutes to spare to walk to the stadium and get into my seat.

Sometimes I tailgate after a game but not much. I am there mostly for the game as a lot of my friends from years ago no longer go to games.

This is really making me question getting season tickets again next year. This year's home schedule is much better than next year and there are thousands of tickets available each week from the ticket office at face value. Hell you can get singles on the 40 yardline for Wisconsin and Nebraska. Probably the clown game too, didnt check that one.

I am very surprised to see this number of unsold tickets. The economy? Lack of excitement even after last years rebound?

If the home slate had OSU, Mich, Mich St or some better games along with wisky and nebby I think there would be more season ticket sales (not sells) and much less unsold tickets.

I cant comment on the tailgating crackdown comment as I usually drive up to the game with about 45 minutes to spare to walk to the stadium and get into my seat.

Sometimes I tailgate after a game but not much. I am there mostly for the game as a lot of my friends from years ago no longer go to games.

1. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the student section was significantly reduced in size this year. The figure I read is there will be an additional 4500+ tickets available to the public that were designated student section last year. So there is a void to fill - we'll see how quickly that void will be filled.

2. It's an expensive proposition to go to a game. Economy is still not rosy, everything is expensive, seemingly. Gas, food, etc. Not to mention tickets. And if you get saison tackets, seat fees involved, etc.

3. So easy to watch a game at home. Plenty of benefits. For me, one of the big ones is you don't have to sit by a bunch of dumbarse arm chair qbs.

4. For the people who go to the game not necessarily for the game, but for the before and after fun, it is clear that the university is creating an atmosphere to keep these people home. for many it's a big trip and an expensive trip just to get to iowa city. if the day is more of a headache than it used to be, it's just as easy to stay home.

5. These preseason games. Look at 1-4 above and ask yourself if you want all that to see UNI. Or etc.

I'm sure there are more. My prediction is the big 10 slate will be sold out, especially if the team starts out with some positive wins.

A lot of people are turned off by the tailgating crackdown and the average play on the field.

I wonder how the Iowa fan of the 70s feels about that. Probably would have been thrilled to buy a ticket to every home game where Iowa will actually be favored to win in all of them. Just a little perspective. Kids these days...it's the generation of gaming, Facebook, and twitter that think, "Why should I get off my *** and go to the game, when I can watch it right here on TV, and play Xbox at halftime." "Or, I can tape it and catch up on my backlog of episodes of "Real Housewives of Dubuque".

I wonder how the Iowa fan of the 70s feels about that. Probably would have been thrilled to buy a ticket to every home game where Iowa will actually be favored to win in all of them. Just a little perspective. Kids these days...it's the generation of gaming, Facebook, and twitter that think, "Why should I get off my *** and go to the game, when I can watch it right here on TV, and play Xbox at halftime." "Or, I can tape it and catch up on my backlog of episodes of "Real Housewives of Dubuque".

the iowa fan of the 70s in kinnick - just fyi - and perhaps you know this - back in that time period, the tailgate was allowed inside the stadium. coolers, alcohol, etc. it was full-on. that is how you get thru a season when the team doesn't win a game and goes 0-11 like they did in 1973. or win 4 games in 3 seasons like they did in '71, '72 and '73........

from morehouse

How current are these numbers?? I question the accuracy. 2 days ago I searched entire east side of stadium plus north end zone looking for Wisky tickets. There were very few available.
Granted, if seats are available from last year's student section the above data would be more credible. However, based on my perusal of east side of stadium and north end zone I question the accuracy of the above statement.

Latest posts