Ticket Sells

So just a question to you and anyone that is unhappy about the parking, traffic leaving, etc.

Would you be happy if they would have built a new stadium on the West Campus (west of Finkbine and the HOF) where there would have been unlimited parking, I-80 right around the corner, etc.?

An honest question as for as ****** as the parking situation and the hassle that traffic can be I think the stadium is perfect where it is currently at and if they would have built a new stadium out there it would have lost so much of the history and atmosphere that makes Kinnick what it is.

Call me old school if you want but that can't be replaced. I also think once the Children's hospital is complete it will be a pretty cool back drop and awesome that all of those sick kids will be able to somewhat experience the gameday atmosphere and take their mind off of the horrible illnesses that they are fighting with everyday.

buildingElevatedView.jpg

HawksPlace.jpg

HD MFKING TV. The views are way better than from inside the stadium. The climate is controlled, the beer is cheaper and readily available. Don't have to suffer through 20 minutes of a lame halftime band routine. Don't have to saddle up next to Nancy Heifer and Robert Big Boar. Don't have to deal with the NECKCAR wannabes on I-80. Sheeehit, it's a wonder they've sold as many tickets as they have, and that they'll sell out every one of those games save the Paaaaaaanthers and Kick My Balls State.

Occams Razor.

iowa-bikini-girl-1.jpg

HD MFKING TV. The views are way better than from inside the stadium. The climate is controlled, the beer is cheaper and readily available. Don't have to suffer through 20 minutes of a lame halftime band routine. Don't have to saddle up next to Nancy Heifer and Robert Big Boar. Don't have to deal with the NECKCAR wannabes on I-80. Sheeehit, it's a wonder they've sold as many tickets as they have, and that they'll sell out every one of those games save the Paaaaaaanthers and Kick My Balls State.

Occams Razor.

iowa-bikini-girl-1.jpg

Truth...

Occams Razor.

iowa-bikini-girl-1.jpg

Oh my dear lord. I would not hit it, despite her dedication to the hawks

Occams Razor.

iowa-bikini-girl-1.jpg

Okeefe4prez wife

I wish I could pull hotties like that. I forget, where did that pic come from? Didn't someone link a photobucket account and forget to set it to private?

A poster on HR.com wanted to share pictures of his "awesome" Hawkeye man cave. He didn't have his linked photobucket account set to private so some Iowa fans went through the rest of his pictures and found that along with other gems.

If you're just going to see the game, that's all well and good. It would be fun regardless. Sure, there is no change for those who drive to the game, park, and sit in the bleachers, but from the sound of it, it sounds like it's not the same these days for those who like to get a little rowdier with regards to tailgating, etc.

That said, I live in FL now so haven't been to Iowa City in over a decade, so can't vouch for the current experience.

It's like trying to compare Woodstock with Farm Aid. Both have multiple Bands that play. Both are an out door venue. Both have lots of fans in attendance. Paint it with a broad enough brush and it can be compared but there really is no comparison. Tailgating used to be closer to Woodstock, now it can't carry Farm Aid's jock strap.
I was never one of the "rowdy" ones. I used to set my RV up by the Practice field on Friday night and party at the Ped Mall all night. Come Saturday morning about 6 am, people would walk by and knock on the sides of it, chanting the fight song. You didn't even have to know them. No matter how much you had to drink the night before, you were awake and ready to cook some breakfast and start the party. If you tried that these days, they'd probably tow your RV. You'd get back from the Ped mall and it'd be gone. Cops would still be there waiting to give you the parking tickets, drinking tickets, loitering tickets (now that RV is gone). They can have it.

It's like trying to compare Woodstock with Farm Aid. Both have multiple Bands that play. Both are an out door venue. Both have lots of fans in attendance. Paint it with a broad enough brush and it can be compared but there really is no comparison. Tailgating used to be closer to Woodstock, now it can't carry Farm Aid's jock strap.
I was never one of the "rowdy" ones. I used to set my RV up by the Practice field on Friday night and party at the Ped Mall all night. Come Saturday morning about 6 am, people would walk by and knock on the sides of it, chanting the fight song. You didn't even have to know them. No matter how much you had to drink the night before, you were awake and ready to cook some breakfast and start the party. If you tried that these days, they'd probably tow your RV. You'd get back from the Ped mall and it'd be gone. Cops would still be there waiting to give you the parking tickets, drinking tickets, loitering tickets (now that RV is gone). They can have it.

Oh man, that reminds me of Happy Chef's old RV and the days when we could park it in the KC lot. Glory days, they'll pass ya by glory days. Imagine how I made that thing smell after a day of eating chili (chili is eaten because it is not soup) and brats and swilling down Coors Lights.

IMG00028-20101001-1913.jpg

Iowa had a booth (tent) at the Mississippi Valley Fair.....one of my co-workers went and said they were basically hawking (pun intended) people to #1--donate to the I-Club, and #2--consider buying season tickets. Wow.

Let's see if either Iowa or ISU has a booth (tent) at the state fair.

Institute a free market system and every ticket will be sold. Sell all tickets that are not sold as of now in an auction format. Empty seats make no money and decrease home field advantage.

Latest posts