Ticket renewal came today, who's in, who's out?

Seth53

Still debating here.

Home schedule is so-so at best (three decent games with ISU, Wisky, Nebby).

Not sure I want to spend the $1200 (including the non-write-off-able) $400 gift for the privilege of buying said tickets to sit and watch Northern Illinois, UNI, MD, NU, etc.

I may cherry pick the home games and do a road trip to Indy or Minney with the money not spent on season tickets.

What say you?

Still debating here.

Not sure I want to spend the $1200 (including the non-write-off-able) $400 gift for the privilege of buying said tickets to sit and watch Northern Illinois, UNI, MD, NU, etc.

I may cherry pick the home games and do a road trip to Indy or Minney with the money not spent on season tickets.

What say you?
I live 5 hours away so a buddy and I are somewhat interested in the random seat package for 250. If I lived closer I would definitely not spend that kind of bank to watch shit sammiches.

Unfortunately, there are 90% homer Iowa fans who will buy tickets every year, so all of us here could boycott every game and the U would never feel it.

People need to remember that the vast, overwhelming majority of Iowa “fans” and donors love KF unconditionally and would keep him in office if he never won another game.

Bailed on season tix years ago. There just is no compelling reason for me to give up an entire weekend to watch stretch runs to the short side of the field. The university keeps asking for more and more $ while they kept moving us to crappier and crappier seats.

What really sent me over the edge though, was this: We had ok decent seats, but had just gotten moved again. To worse seats btw. Then at some non-con nobody game, I ran into the son of a friend who had just recently gotten a job with the hospital. I don't remember what the job was, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He was very excited because of the great seats he now gets to fb games!! When I saw the seats he had, I just felt like the university was playing me for a chump. I was out.

I will renew my two season tickets in the south end zone. Looking forward to another Hawkeye football season. Will likely attend all of the away games, as well, though PSU trip might have to be skipped. Starting Sept. 1, Iowa has four straight home games in Sept. Early Oct. brings visits to MN and Indiana, where the weather will still be pretty nice. Maryland in late October in Iowa City should be an interesting game with decent weather. I am a bit of a fair weather fan, so I like how this works out. I will go to Purdue and Illinois since they are easy trips and of course enjoy the Nebbie game. Been to Lincoln three times and have yet to see Iowa lose out there, so hopefully we can continue the streak in Kinnick. Will miss the NW game, unfortunately, but I have to make my annual journey to the wilds of South Dakota for a kick butt pheasant hunt that weekend. Go hawks!

Still debating here.

What say you?
Imagine how much food and beer this amount would buy while watching the games in downtown Iowa City.

The tax break being gone will influence several I’d guess. Certainly will influence me.

Maybe I'm just getting old, or my priorities have changed, but I've decided to not buy season tix this year, after seven consecutive years.

Reasons:
I don't want to have to commit to seven weekend days.
The home schedule this year for a $1200 commitment is underwhelming. I can cherry-pick the good games and can get tickets without too much of a sweat. NIU and UNI when it's 90? No thanks.
I'll still be doing my annual road-trip....probably to Indy.
Still a big fan, but, am going to spread out the $1200 a bit smarter.

It should be noted, despite the disappearance of the donation tax write off, the University didn't consider for a second to modify their donation requirement, either in season tix prices or the price of the donation. That speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Why anyone would support this AD is beyond me. By all means....go ahead.

One team and coach wins the national title each year, so fire all the rest right. Last season went on balance as we expected, especially considering the injuries to the two experienced starting OTs. But yeah we won't focus on any of the good, we will focus on a few plays in the Purdue or NW or Mich State games. And yeah Dantonio and Izzo are great guys right??? We should get coaches like them. Both should be fired. Wins over everything else.

One team and coach wins the national title each year, so fire all the rest right. Last season went on balance as we expected, especially considering the injuries to the two experienced starting OTs. But yeah we won't focus on any of the good, we will focus on a few plays in the Purdue or NW or Mich State games. And yeah Dantonio and Izzo are great guys right??? We should get coaches like them. Both should be fired. Wins over everything else.
I already gave you permission. What more do you want?

Why buy season tickets when you can easily get tickets for the best games and don't get locked into buying for all games? It'd be one thing if tickets were hard to come by or always sold at a huge premium...but they aren't and they don't.

I go to 2 or 3 of the best home games each year and pay less than I would for the total cost of a season ticket plus the license fee.

lol... who buys hawkeye tickets anymore?

people usually giving them a way for free at any tailgate you go to...............

i'm good