Ticket renewal came today, who's in, who's out?

Why buy season tickets when you can easily get tickets for the best games and don't get locked into buying for all games? It'd be one thing if tickets were hard to come by or always sold at a huge premium...but they aren't and they don't.

I go to 2 or 3 of the best home games each year and pay less than I would for the total cost of a season ticket plus the license fee.

And then complains because stadium not full and lacks energy for Purdue game.

The complaints about the Kinnick game day experience are Barta related. Every change the AD has made since he's been here, has made the experience worse for the avg fans. Prices keep going up and the product is far worse. You keep throwing money at that idiot. He obviously likes the idea of fans sitting indoors to enjoy the game. He keeps removing outdoor seating to put in luxury suites. Complete with big windows and TVs. Why, if you spend enough, he might even serve you overpriced beer.

The complaints about the Kinnick game day experience are Barta related. Every change the AD has made since he's been here, has made the experience worse for the avg fans. Prices keep going up and the product is far worse. You keep throwing money at that idiot. He obviously likes the idea of fans sitting indoors to enjoy the game. He keeps removing outdoor seating to put in luxury suites. Complete with big windows and TVs. Why, if you spend enough, he might even serve you overpriced beer.

The indoor seating is for the big money people. Every single stadium in the country has done this and is moving toward more of that. How is what he is doing any different with regard to seating. The seat premiums same deal. I get what he is doing which is what everyone else is doing. Attendance is falling off some pretty much everywhere (but Nebraska), but only at Iowa is it the AD's fault. This just gets back to the Kirk hatred deal. We'd rather have a Dantonio who likes to look past things and just let guys play.

I am 6 hours away but if I lived 30 minutes away, I wouldn't buy any...I don't want to reward boredom and nepotism...if Iowa becomes interesting, exciting...I will watch on TV...

I did put money down for Vegas Golden Knights NHL season tickets for next year, however.

The indoor seating is for the big money people. Every single stadium in the country has done this and is moving toward more of that. How is what he is doing any different with regard to seating. The seat premiums same deal. I get what he is doing which is what everyone else is doing. Attendance is falling off some pretty much everywhere (but Nebraska), but only at Iowa is it the AD's fault. This just gets back to the Kirk hatred deal. We'd rather have a Dantonio who likes to look past things and just let guys play.
1). When the AD goes out of his way to destroy the tailgating experience at Kinnick, it absolutely IS his fault.
2). I guess we finally found the point where prices have exceeded the experience. Even the 12-0 season in 2015 wasn't even enough to bring the fans back.
3). Who said anything about KF? That's a bullshit excuse that highlights your inability to make a substantive argument.

I made the decision to not renew once and regretted it after one season. Others I've spoken to didn't regret it. This is a personal decision that each individual/family has to make based on their own needs. It's funny how some of you feel the need to share your negative opinions about why "we" shouldn't support an AD/Coach. I'm a Hawk fan and I support the Hawks. That doesn't mean that I don't get pissed frequently or that I'm an apologist. I enjoy the experience of sitting in the stands with my son/daughter/wife and creating memories that last a lifetime. I literally get choked up every time Back in Black starts playing and the players walk down the tunnel( I get emotional when I drink). :DYes, it's expensive and yes it consumes weekends, but I also have the choice to sell/donate the tickets to someone else that might enjoy them as much as I do, if I don't want to go a particular weekend. At some point as my other kids get a bit older, I'll probably purchase two more on top of the two I currently have.

If you choose to renew or not, that's your decision and not one anyone should judge you on.

I'm even saying this, knowing I have real low expectations for next year. I think we have some serious gaps to fill and some pretty unproven replacements.

Just gonna throw this out there also for those who think at home on TV is better.... again assuming money is not the issue. What serves as a better experience and memories with people, being at a game like the Penn State or Ohio State game live or watching on tv. will you say 20 years from now to someone, remember that time we watched the Iowa v Ohio State game on tv together and Iowa crushed them? Life is about experiences no? I get the money issue for those that cannot afford or have to travel a distance such that it requires consumption of the entire weekend, but no one will ever sell me on the idea that watching on a tv is better than being there! Never!

And do we believe yes or no that fans in attendance can influence momentum in a game? Hard to do from home. We can't pick not to play Purdue or Maryland, etc. Those are what they are, we are in the conference and we have to play them.

1). When the AD goes out of his way to destroy the tailgating experience at Kinnick, it absolutely IS his fault.
2). I guess we finally found the point where prices have exceeded the experience. Even the 12-0 season in 2015 wasn't even enough to bring the fans back.
3). Who said anything about KF? That's a bullshit excuse that highlights your inability to make a substantive argument.

Wasn't him. Was the former U President. His boss. What happens when you don't do what your boss tells you? And he doesn't control what University Heights police and Admin choose to do. Gary Barta doesn't control what happens on Melrose or Olive Court, etc.

You are the one with no argument buddy. You just have a beef with one or two people for some reason and it comes through on every single post you put on here.

You made the comment about the box seats and I shot that down as everyone is doing that, so how is or was this Barta's fault again????

Wasn't him. Was the former U President. His boss. What happens when you don't do what your boss tells you? And he doesn't control what University Heights police and Admin choose to do. Gary Barta doesn't control what happens on Melrose or Olive Court, etc.

You are the one with no argument buddy. You just have a beef with one or two people for some reason and it comes through on every single post you put on here.

You made the comment about the box seats and I shot that down as everyone is doing that, so how is or was this Barta's fault again????
You're not very bright and you have no clue how that AD is run. You don't know what you are talking about.

Just gonna throw this out there also for those who think at home on TV is better.... again assuming money is not the issue. What serves as a better experience and memories with people, being at a game like the Penn State or Ohio State game live or watching on tv. will you say 20 years from now to someone, remember that time we watched the Iowa v Ohio State game on tv together and Iowa crushed them? Life is about experiences no? I get the money issue for those that cannot afford or have to travel a distance such that it requires consumption of the entire weekend, but no one will ever sell me on the idea that watching on a tv is better than being there! Never!

And do we believe yes or no that fans in attendance can influence momentum in a game? Hard to do from home. We can't pick not to play Purdue or Maryland, etc. Those are what they are, we are in the conference and we have to play them.
I hope you don't mind when we "throw this" right back. Barta only cares about the big donors anyway, so let them support the program by paying more. They can bring homeless people, for all I care! Iowa fans deserve FAR better than Gary Barta has provided. The ONLY thing he's provided are:
Ticket price increases.
Minimum donations to keep your seats
Beer and wine for the rich donors
Lowering expectations
A piss poor shell of a tailgating experience
An average basketball coach
That's it and that's all. And you're here helping him pimp that garbage! Are you Mrs. Barta, by chance?

I made the decision to not renew once and regretted it after one season. Others I've spoken to didn't regret it. This is a personal decision that each individual/family has to make based on their own needs. It's funny how some of you feel the need to share your negative opinions about why "we" shouldn't support an AD/Coach. I'm a Hawk fan and I support the Hawks. That doesn't mean that I don't get pissed frequently or that I'm an apologist. I enjoy the experience of sitting in the stands with my son/daughter/wife and creating memories that last a lifetime. I literally get choked up every time Back in Black starts playing and the players walk down the tunnel( I get emotional when I drink). :DYes, it's expensive and yes it consumes weekends, but I also have the choice to sell/donate the tickets to someone else that might enjoy them as much as I do, if I don't want to go a particular weekend. At some point as my other kids get a bit older, I'll probably purchase two more on top of the two I currently have.

If you choose to renew or not, that's your decision and not one anyone should judge you on.

I'm even saying this, knowing I have real low expectations for next year. I think we have some serious gaps to fill and some pretty unproven replacements.

Agree 100% with this. Will never forget being in the stands for the Penn State game this last season or the Ohio State game. We also attended the away game in Ames and that last OT TD catch was immediately in front of us.

My decision has zero to do with the AD.
It has everything to do with simply spending hard-earned money a bit smarter.
Keeping with my plan, I would have cherry-picked OSU and PSU games last year and enjoyed the experience.

BTW, the AD was mandated by Mason to crack down on the tailgate fun. It's lifted quite a bit.

Not me. I WANT the stadium (and Carver) to be empty. It is literally the only thing short of a embezzlement or sexual assault that will result in change in the athletic department. I'm out until the AD changes.

Defending Gary Barta instantly eliminates any shred of credibility you may have had.

Latest posts