Ticket Pricing

Just renew your damn season tickets people. Like it really sucks that bad to have to go to Kinnick for 7 Saturdays per year, spend time with friends and family, drink beer, eat grilled meat, enjoy the out of doors...experience something? Yeah, recent on field performance has been mediocre at best, but give me a friggin' break with all of the whining and grandstanding.

Sit on your fat *** and watch from home if you want I suppose, but wearing that decision like some badge of honor is a little much. Remember kids, when the going gets tough...quit. Save me the "I'm making a statement to Barta" story. It's a load of bull ****.

Just renew your damn season tickets people. Like it really sucks that bad to have to go to Kinnick for 7 Saturdays per year, spend time with friends and family, drink beer, eat grilled meat, enjoy the out of doors...experience something? Yeah, recent on field performance has been mediocre at best, but give me a friggin' break with all of the whining and grandstanding.

Sit on your fat *** and watch from home if you want I suppose, but wearing that decision like some badge of honor is a little much. Remember kids, when the going gets tough...quit. Save me the "I'm making a statement to Barta" story. It's a load of bull ****.
Um, I have a nice patio with a grill, smoker and a cajun crab boiling pot. We "tailgate" over food, drinks and enjoy the outdoors every Saturday during football season. It doesnt cost me $7,000.00 per year anymore, I don't EVER get a ticket for having booze, I never fight the traffic and I still get to see the same crap product that you do. Oh yeah, and I never tell my friends that they have to leave 2 hrs after the depressing display of futility is over.
You have fun at Kinnick, this year. I'll wait until there is an AD and a HC in place that gives a rip about Iowa fans, before I go back.

You guys act like Kinnick stadium has the rights to: Tailgating (hanging out with family and friends over food and drink), the outdoors (I have great view outside my back door and down on the river, from my pontoon) and watching crap football (See Kirk Ferentz).
I get to do all of that without the added costs and hassle.
A fool and his money are soon parted and Gary Barta loves him some fools. Lots of them around here.

P.S. Enjoy the free hot dogs. I can buy a crap ton of crab legs, steak and high dollar booze with 7K.

I could certainly be wrong, however: I don't think the $70 concession and 30% discount were intended to encourage (bribe) people to renew their season tickets, or to add new season ticket holders. I thought their stated purpose was in response to the survey results that indicated the U. should do something to show some love for current season ticket holders. With all due respect, we should not mix up our unhappiness with Iowa football and Iowa's attempt to respond to concerns clearly shown on a survey. Would we want to ignore the survey results? Would we then see criticism because Iowa did not respond in some way?

Changing the coaching staff, the athletic administration and the University president are much larger issues than the concession stand gift...they are unrelated.

BTW, Dean...I typically enjoy your posts and respect your opinions.

You are my new favorite poster.......my rankings now go:

#1 HuckFinn
#2 OOtH

You are gonna really step up your game OOtH to take that top spot back.

Last edited:
Already made our decision not to renew. 15 years ago our order started with 6 tics in the $200/seat section. Dwindled to 2 in the $50/seat the last couple of years to 0 for 2015. I'm just too much of a consumer to pay these prices when there are readily available alternatives to getting game tickets. Sure the lack of winning has contributed to the abundance of alternatives. Travel about 4 hours to games. In past miss about 1 game/year(mostly because fan but also tics were prepaid and really no market for resale). Now will probably only go to the 2-3 games a year that are of most interest. The rest, comfort of home and HDTV.
ps We almost never purchase for the crazy lines, poor service, poor products called Kinnick concessions.

WOW-that was motivating, I think I will smoke a dooby and take a nap in my van down by the river.

Sadly Iowa is filled with incompetent people in the athletic department. Until someone new comes in and cleans house, we get multiple color-coded games and concession stand vouchers. Woo Iowa Awesome!

Sadly Iowa is filled with incompetent people in the athletic department. Until someone new comes in and cleans house, we get multiple color-coded games and concession stand vouchers. Woo Iowa Awesome!

Yep. There will be no more BIG titles.....but here, have a free hot dog.

I will be renewing but I support all of those who are not. I only make it to 2 games anyways and the nieces and nephew use my seat the rest of the time. So Im not committing to all 7 games.

I will be renewing but I support all of those who are not. I only make it to 2 games anyways and the nieces and nephew use my seat the rest of the time. So Im not committing to all 7 games.

OoTH, you sound a lot like me. I make it to 4, sometimes 5 and give relatives the rest or sell em. The market a few years ago was Bull... I never ate the tickets and usually made a nice profit. That last 2 years...it's crap. Talk about a stock that's fallen fast.

I'm renewing for 2, not 4. And I'm telling the athletic department that they won't be getting the 200/seat until changes are made. I'm going to dare them to move me to cheaper seating. If they do...so be it.

OoTH, you sound a lot like me. I make it to 4, sometimes 5 and give relatives the rest or sell em. The market a few years ago was Bull... I never ate the tickets and usually made a nice profit. That last 2 years...it's crap. Talk about a stock that's fallen fast.

I'm renewing for 2, not 4. And I'm telling the athletic department that they won't be getting the 200/seat until changes are made. I'm going to dare them to move me to cheaper seating. If they do...so be it.

There take that Ath Dept. I dont blame you as a matter of fact what would the AD do if everyone decided not to give their per seat donation. They cant move everyone into the endzone. Wow what an interesting way to 'strike'.

I'd be interested in information on the margins at the concessions.

My guess is the beauty of this offer from the schools perspective is the retail value may be $70 but it may only cost them no more than $10.

I'd be interested in information on the margins at the concessions.

My guess is the beauty of this offer from the schools perspective is the retail value may be $70 but it may only cost them no more than $10.
$20 at the most. The Coke syrup on a 32 oz fountain drink is .12 cents.

Latest posts