Throwback Uniforms were Awesome

ChosenChildren

I thought the uniforms today were outstanding. Simple, old school. I think the players liked them too.

What did others think?

Loved them, I guess they were also a preview of the Pro Combat unis we are getting next year, flip the pants color with the shirt color and there ya go.

Frigging awesome. I've been wishing we'd get new uniforms for years now. I like our uniforms but i'm tired of the Steelers look. I want something simple - like Penn State but with Iowa colors and that's what today's unis were... simply outstanding looking.

I liked them, though I think they would have been even cooler had the jerseys been white (we did wear white in the Rose Bowl in '58, right?). But I still thought they were pretty cool. The weather also kind of dampened the effect (no pun intended). Throwbacks like that just look better when the sun is shining.

I love our uniforms...but every once and a while a change wouldn't be bad...and maybe making the current uniforms out of pro combat material would be cool too!

Just put a Tiger Hawk on the helmet instead of the numbers and you are good to go.

I don't think they will change them, but they should. Old school is better - ask Alabama, Penn State, Texas, Michigan, etc.

Frigging awesome. I've been wishing we'd get new uniforms for years now. I like our uniforms but i'm tired of the Steelers look. I want something simple - like Penn State but with Iowa colors and that's what today's unis were... simply outstanding looking.

I disagree with that. Our uniforms are pretty iconic, as well. People know who we are when they see the uniforms. We've experimented with other designs (I didn't think the uni's in the '90s were bad. Not the winged ones, the ones they wore in '97). But the design we have is perfect just the way it is.

Just put a Tiger Hawk on the helmet instead of the numbers and you are good to go.

I don't think they will change them, but they should. Old school is better - ask Alabama, Penn State, Texas, Michigan, etc.

And the uni's we normally wear are flashy? Since when?

I liked them too. I especially thought Tyler Sash looked really nice. His pants seemed to fit just right...but I only saw him from behind and across the field.;)

I still prefer the regular ones.

I don't like uniforms that copy someone else (Pittsburgh.) Let's have our own identity. I understand what Hayden was trying to do instilling a new winning mentality/culture but it's time to move on. Iowa football has been back for 30+ years now. Let's go back to some classic uniforms. If I want to watch the Steelers, i'll tune in on Sunday.

I think the only thing iconic is the Tiger Hawk.

Iowa's best teams of all time wore these uniforms from 1953-1960. They were iconic in the day.

I just wondered what people thought of them. They brought back some great memories for me.

I have no problem with the current uniforms - I can't imagine them being changed after all of the success that Captain Kirk has had.

Perhaps they will bring these back once in a while. It produces revenue for the school, because fans then go out and purchase the throwback jerseys.

I think the only thing iconic is the Tiger Hawk.

Iowa's best teams of all time wore these uniforms from 1953-1960. They were iconic in the day.

I just wondered what people thought of them. They brought back some great memories for me.

I have no problem with the current uniforms - I can't imagine them being changed after all of the success that Captain Kirk has had.

Perhaps they will bring these back once in a while. It produces revenue for the school, because fans then go out and purchase the throwback jerseys.

I would love for them to bring them back every now and then. But I love the uni's we have now, and I don't want those going away.

Latest posts