Thought on next week's ISU game???

Remember a 2009 Iowa team that took 2 blocked FGs to win by one point against an FCS team only to rally for 11-2 record and Orange Bowl win. ISU fans were drooling because Iowa looked awful. Got blasted in Ames.

Iowa State squeezed by UNI last season, Jantz killed Iowa.

Moral of the story, never judge this game by the first game.

Correct you never know what is going too happen next Go Hawks!!

Next week? Wait...isn't there usually a weekend off before the super bowl?

/rimshot

//shameless

**Edit - On a serious note, we better get better at just about everything or else we'll be tasting bitter defeat in Kinnick.

My thoughts on next week's game is we need to improve in every phase of the game, otherwise it will be an embarrasment.

Thats just slightly over-the-top...

Special teams played great...4 made field goals including a 50 ydr plus a great punt downed at the goalline that ended up being the play of the game until Bullocks run.

Defense played great. Take away the 73 yd run and we held them to 130 yds.

Offense got into NIU territory 9 times...certainly need to clean up offense inside the 30 in addition to taking more chances downfield...

Bottom line is that this is KFs youngest team ever and young teams make their biggest leap between game 1 and 2, we have 2 new coordinators and virtually all new position coaches....we'll see a night and day difference next game...guaranteed!

My prediction:

I'm going to be **** faced in Iowa City, probably hear some trash talk from roaming packs of frat boys from Chicago in Iowa ****in' City t-shirts.

Remember a 2009 Iowa team that took 2 blocked FGs to win by one point against an FCS team only to rally for 11-2 record and Orange Bowl win. ISU fans were drooling because Iowa looked awful. Got blasted in Ames.

Someone reasonable has hacked Ryno's account because this is the perfect answer

Going from memory:

2011: Iowa beats Sisters of the Poor in a lightning filled monsoon; loses to ISU
2010: Iowa whips the fighting Jake Christensen's; pounds ISU
2009: Iowa gets by UNI by the slimmest of margins; pounds ISU
2008: Iowa skulls two bad teams; squeaks by ISU at home
2007: Iowa yawns past NIU, then skulls Syracuse; lose to ISU without giving up a TD
2006: Iowa skulls Montana, then squeaks by Syracuse; wins a hard fought, close game against ISU
2005: Iowa pounds Ball State; gets pounded in Ames

Look bad week before - beat ISU
Look good week before - lose to ISU

5 of the last 7 years Iowa has either looked bad the week before the ISU game and the beaten the Cyclones, or they've looked good the week before the ISU game and gotten beaten by the Cyclone. 2005-2007 it stood true to form, but has been on-off the past 4 years. If that holds true this year, we're not going to like the result next weekend (this year will buck the trend...we'll look bad the week prior and then lose to ISU).

ISU 38-9.

Mose isn't buying the week 1 to week 2 improvement hype...I'm with you. We are going to see a much more diverse offense next week...and one that will throw the ball consistently...whether they complete them consistently is the question.

Iowa's offense has to improve so much...I'm just not seeing it.

I hope so, but we looked so bad in the red zone that I don't think you fix that in a week.

Iowa had experience and stability on staff in 2009. They do not have that luxury this year.

Mose isn't buying the week 1 to week 2 improvement hype...I'm with you. We are going to see a much more diverse offense next week...and one that will throw the ball consistently...whether they complete them consistently is the question.

Iowa's offense has to improve so much...I'm just not seeing it.

I hope so, but we looked so bad in the red zone that I don't think you fix that in a week.

Fine Iowa's D after the first Q and a half basically shut down NIU's offense completely. If Miller hadn't missed that tackle they probably would not have scored at all in the 2nd half. Its the offense that is just simply BAD and not in a good way.

My thoughts on next week's game is we need to improve in every phase of the game, otherwise it will be an embarrasment.
Thats just slightly over-the-top...Special teams played great...4 made field goals including a 50 ydr plus a great punt downed at the goalline that ended up being the play of the game until Bullocks run.Defense played great. Take away the 73 yd run and we held them to 130 yds.Offense got into NIU territory 9 times...certainly need to clean up offense inside the 30 in addition to taking more chances downfield...Bottom line is that this is KFs youngest team ever and young teams make their biggest leap between game 1 and 2, we have 2 new coordinators and virtually all new position coaches....we'll see a night and day difference next game...guaranteed!

I'm not saying that special teams did not play adequately, and indeed, made a fine play towards the end that had an impact on the outcome.

What I'm saying is the D and the SP needs to score points because the O is anemic.

The ISU defense looked like crap for most of the game today. I really do think that NIU's defense was better than anything that ISU can put on the field right now.

Latest posts