Thomas Feeney the Alaskan Assassin

Sorry Stormin' but have to call you out on the Gaten's comment. While Matt is a legacy in today's recruiting world I really don't believe being a legacy matters as much to the kids. Maybe it did to Matt but when you look around , i.e. - Sampson at Minny, you find plenty of legacy's playing somewhere else.

It is still up to the coaching staffs to convince the legacy to come to the university.

If just being a legacy was the determining factor Ms. Stokes would be coming to Iowa not Wisconsin and the entire Bohannan family would have played at Iowa (sigh).

If you know Gator, the Gatens family and Matt - you would understand how he is a legacy. I don't claim to know them on a personal level, I've only had brief encounters, but Matt is the definition of a legacy recruit. He was coming to Iowa no matter what, just like Jeff Horner (although Horner wasn't technically a legacy, he was coming to Iowa regardless of the coach).

Last edited:
If you know the Gator, the Gatens family and Matt - you would understand how he is a legacy. I don't claim to know them on a personal level, I've only had brief encounters, but Matt is the definition of a legacy recruit. He was coming to Iowa no matter what, just like Jeff Horner (although Horner wasn't technically a legacy, he was coming to Iowa regardless of the coach).

I understand your point about Matt being a true legacy as he was coming even if you or I, God forbid, was the coach. Was just trying to point out that you still have to do the work to keep them.

lol yes it really is me i randomly came across this and just decided to reply lol. if iowa actually did show some interest i wouldn't shy away from that at all. AK47 haha that would be a top 10 college nickname

lol yes it really is me i randomly came across this and just decided to reply lol. if iowa actually did show some interest i wouldn't shy away from that at all. AK47 haha that would be a top 10 college nickname

Andrei Kirilenko agrees. He has been AK47 for awhile now.

Feeney, we still need a point guard. Call coach McCaffrey and tell him you want to run n gun AK-47 style!!!

:)

I guess my recruitment hasn't been updated on espn, cal osu nd wsu were recruiting me but now cal has G.Franklin and osu has a kid from Chicago. WSU who knows?

Latest posts